Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How could I have been so stupid!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-could-i-have-been-so-stupid-t149757.html)

vivoaks 09-03-2011 05:02 AM

Did you do any shopping on your way home? Maybe it's in with a bunch of other bags of groceries.... If you're like me, I don't always take everything out of the bags as soon as I get home - only the stuff to be refrigerated or frozen. Maybe it's somewhere in your house?

Roxanne 09-03-2011 05:06 AM

Yep, been there-done that! I worked on a yoyo for years and almost had one big enough for the bed. I went through a divorce, three moves and a new boyfriend with that quilt in a big trash bag. I worked on it mainly during the winter months when it was cold enough to have the big thing in my lap. Well, I made the mistake of leaving it out and yep, the new boyfriend threw it in the trash just in time for collection day. I still look at yoyo's and feel sick that I spent so much time on that thrown out quilt.

I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. Hopefully yours will show up soon.

KathyKat 09-03-2011 05:09 AM

I really feel your pain :cry:. I hope it really wasn't thrown out in the trash and it shows up soon.

She In PA 09-03-2011 05:09 AM

We put my outside sofa and rocking chair cushions in garbage bags to store in the basement. I've done this for many years. I went to ge them this spring and couldn't find them. We had a Christmas party and cleaned up. My husband thinks he put them out to the garbage. The thing is he never throws things out and when he decided to it was something expensive.

sueisallaboutquilts 09-03-2011 05:33 AM

Once my sister was going through her entire wardrobe and had 2 garbage bags- 1 to keep and 1 for Goodwill.
The wrong pile went to Goodwill! :(

Stitcher317 09-03-2011 05:42 AM

I've had these "duh" moments more often than I would like to admit. I think of them as wake up call to "slow" down before I do something really dangerous....Hopefully, it will turn up where you least expect it....

Marilynquilts76 09-03-2011 05:52 AM

Oh it is so easy to do dumb things that make you so mad, disappointed in yourself, and extremely heartbreaking such as in your case. I have done my share. I hope and pray that your quilt will show up and you can have peace of mind. Please don't be any harder on yourself than you already have been and then let it go out of your mind. Perhaps that is when you will find it.

grannypat7925 09-03-2011 06:04 AM

Gee, I hope it turns up. Sometimes we get in a hurry and then things happen.

missgigglewings 09-03-2011 06:10 AM

Been there done that! King size purple and green quilt, sandwiched and ready to quilt. It got lost in a move and I thought was left behind as garbage. It was in a black trash bag. Happy ending...I found it 7 months later behind a stack of winter clothes boxes in the garage! It will be her Christmas gift this year!

katieranch 09-03-2011 06:10 AM

I hope it turns up, that is so sad. Hugs