Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How Crazy Can One Get lol (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-crazy-can-one-get-lol-t66040.html)

NikkiLu 09-21-2010 02:34 PM

Fabulous peacock! I used to have a peacock and several pea hens here many years ago. We live way out in the country on the end of a dirt road - the perfect place for peafowl. HE wound up being very mean - very inbred I think.

Anyway, no experience here with crazy quilts - but I would want the peacock to be more showcased - if that is possible.

JMHO

Rosyhf 09-21-2010 02:35 PM

Ok, I think I will put the circle in, then quilt it, then do the stitching and I will enjoy that and some beading and who knows what else.

yolanda 09-21-2010 02:38 PM

I vote for crazy circles and decorative stitching and lot's of beads!! I would not cut into this work of art - the 12" framed pieces are nice on thier own but as a whole I think this will be spectacular!!

Rosyhf 09-21-2010 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by NikkiLu
Fabulous peacock! I used to have a peacock and several pea hens here many years ago. We live way out in the country on the end of a dirt road - the perfect place for peafowl. HE wound up being very mean - very inbred I think.

Anyway, no experience here with crazy quilts - but I would want the peacock to be more showcased - if that is possible.

JMHO

Yes, you are right. I will do a lot of decorative stuff around him..

tjradj 09-21-2010 02:40 PM

I love the cut up into blocks, but not gray for a border. Black maybe, but not gray.

amma 09-21-2010 02:43 PM

Maybe a few crystals too? Ohhhhh the possibilities!
Please keep posting pictures as you are adding on to this piece :D:D:D

Rosyhf 09-21-2010 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by yolanda
I vote for crazy circles and decorative stitching and lot's of beads!! I would not cut into this work of art - the 12" framed pieces are nice on thier own but as a whole I think this will be spectacular!!

Thank you ladies, I love all this input. It stays in one piece with lots of decorative stitching and beading. Winter is coming and it will be a nice sit down and watch movies thing to do.

Rosyhf 09-21-2010 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by amma
Maybe a few crystals too? Ohhhhh the possibilities!
Please keep posting pictures as you are adding on to this piece :D:D:D

Oh lord, we are all so crazy hahahahhahahaha..I do have lots of beads and crystals. Yes I will post as I do but will do lots of research and etc first....

Fiber Artist 09-21-2010 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Rosyhf

Originally Posted by amma
Maybe add some decorative stitches like in the traditional crazy quilt blocks?

Yeh, that sounds good. And beads?

Must have beads or crystals,Its beautiful!!!(all of it)

sewin'sam 09-21-2010 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Rosyhf
Ok, what do you ladies like? the entire piece, the first pic, or parts of it cut into blocks, like where the paper frame is.

I love the part with the circles!! Awesome!!! Great work! WOW! :-D Do NOT cut into this, it's beautiful! I would add the crazy quilt stitches, though!