Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How cute do my two “girls” look together! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-cute-do-my-two-%93girls%94-look-together-t212895.html)

DonnaC 02-03-2013 02:52 PM

How cute do my two “girls” look together!

1 Attachment(s)
So, there’s a story behind this post. (Sorry the picture is a little fuzzy.) I bought the Singer 160 Anniversary Edition (black machine on the right) last January, when it was a Today’s Special on HSN. I totally LOVE this machine because it’s so easy to use, sturdy, and stitches really well. I love the drop-in bobbin and the easy-thread system, and the curved extension surface. I also think she’s rather pretty (although some vintage enthusiasts have disagreed with me on that point!). She’s only missing two features that I’d like to have…a speed control, and the needle-up/needle-down setting.

A few weeks ago, HSN featured the new Singer One Plus machine as a Today’s Special. She’s the white machine on the left. She has many more stitches, is very sturdy, and stitches really well. (You see where this is going, right?) Again, drop-in bobbin is great, and the easy thread-system is awesome, curved surface is a big plus to me. She’s pretty, too; she has the silver decals instead of the gold. And – ta da - she has the speed control, and the needle-down setting! I am so happy. I’m working on a project right now (not a quilt) where I’m sewing on vinyl... and the machine is doing great. Just powers right on through that vinyl and fabric combo like nobody’s business.

I had convinced myself that I needed to sell the 160 if I liked the new girl, but really …. they look so darned cute together, I can’t bear to separate them! I think that I might use the 160 primarily for apparel sewing, and keep the One Plus for quilting (because it has that needle-down feature we love so well). I need some enablers, and I'm sure to find them here, right?! (big grin).

momto5 02-03-2013 03:03 PM

Looks to me like they're a matched pair: if you give one of them up, who knows when this combination will EVER happen again? Reason enough to keep them both!! ;)

franc36 02-03-2013 03:15 PM

Keep them both. You really need 2 machines and those two look perfect together. I know you'll love the needle up/down. That is the only thing I miss with my Featherweight.

Jo C 02-03-2013 03:17 PM

So sweet! I have two machines set up...one for piecing and for quilting and putting tops together. Both machines will do both jobs, but i can have two things going at once. Just trying to justfy for you.

oneteappot 02-03-2013 03:36 PM

Don't we all need a back up machine????????
Laurel/oneteappot

tjk829 02-03-2013 03:37 PM

Awesome! I bought the 160 and really struggled to walk away from the one plus. I have a high end machine and really can't justify another one....but they look so darn together.

bjrusty 02-03-2013 03:54 PM

keep both. Barb

Minnesewta-sam 02-03-2013 04:18 PM

They look lovely together. To separate them would be a shame.

sewnsewer2 02-03-2013 04:21 PM

Gotta love HSN, I just ordered the No! No! today's special value :D. Love your 'girls'.

Mariposa 02-03-2013 04:35 PM

SO cute together! :)