Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How do I decide (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-do-i-decide-t129172.html)

Plumtree 06-10-2011 03:58 AM

I am having the same problem. I sat in sewing room yesterday for almost an hour trying to decided when I finally chose a pair of pants for oldest daughter--bad choice. I stink at making clothes and should have stopped myself but I made a pair of jammie pants and well they are an epic fail but she loves them. Sizing of clothes--well I just dont' get it and she is so dang skinny so that makes it worse.

All that to say I will be doing something with quilting today and not clothes--maybe I will try to make a bag.

Jennifer22206 06-10-2011 04:31 AM

put the patterns in a bag, shut your eyes and grab :D

Stitchit123 06-10-2011 04:54 AM

Put the patterns in a paper bag -shake it up -put hand in bag-pull out 1 pattern =this is the one to do :D Altho this probably won't work for choosing the right fabrics Batteries no included :

Jo Mama 06-10-2011 05:21 AM

Give each quilt top a name and throw the names into a hat.

mshawii 06-10-2011 08:39 AM

Lay them all out and close your eyes and grab one. :lol: :lol: :lol: Jan

Butterfli19 06-10-2011 08:47 AM

There has to be one that you think about more than the others. Pick out your fav focus fabric and decide which would work best with it.

Are they all quilt patterns? Make a small eyeglass case or cosmetic bag to get you started. Something bright and fun for summer!

BarbP 06-10-2011 10:31 AM

I always have this problem because there are too many that I want to do. But what's worse is that I have a hard time starting a new one because I can't decide.

A deadline usually helps though.

athenagwis 06-10-2011 10:57 AM

I am of no help either!! I usually just go through a mental checklist of the projects I have in process and pick stop on one that tickles my fancy. Then when I get sick of working on that one, I move on to another. LOL

That's probably why I have so many WIPs!!

Rachel

Zhillslady 06-10-2011 11:29 AM

I had same problem last month and finally resolved it. I have several (okay 15 or 20) projects already in bags with fabric & pattern but couldn't decide which to start. Finally my daughter and her husband came home and asked why I was just staring in the cabinet. I said I couldn't decide which to do. They looked at me like I was crazy, reached in, grabbed a bag and said here. I finished that one last night and told her choose another. Apparently if you don't quilt the choice is much easier.

Vicky

Originally Posted by ontheriver
Finished up a bag I was making for my sister. Am ready to start a new project. I have a stack of patterns in my to do pile. The problem is I have been going through them all morning and I just can't decide what to start on. How do you make those decisions? Guess it's going to be: eenie meenie for me.

angelwingz 06-10-2011 04:41 PM

What I like to do when I am in between projects is gather together the pattern and fabrics for a project and bundle them together like my own kit. Do up a few of these, then when you get stuck with no project planned grab a 'kit' and get to it :)