Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How do you find bulk fabrics (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-do-you-find-bulk-fabrics-t93385.html)

Favorite Fabrics 01-25-2011 11:30 AM

There are places that sell closeouts, last season fabrics, perfect goods that just are from discontinued lines, but the prices on those goods are just shy of $3 / yard and of course you have to add 30 - 40 cents per yard for shipping costs. If the sellers you've been looking at are charging less than that, then I there must be some other "secret" source that they've found.

IMHO a lot of the closeouts are the leftovers, the ones that didn't sell as well, not the really pretty ones. 'Course beauty is always in the eye of the beholder...

sewingsuz 01-25-2011 11:53 AM

Oh please tell me too.

louisebuck 01-25-2011 12:20 PM

ok quilters you can buy in bulk from marshall drygoods in batesville ar.go on line to marshalldrygood.com and see all the pretty fabric they have a toll free number that you can get from there web site
louise in arkansas

thrums 01-25-2011 12:46 PM

Thank you kindly. It has they types of fabrics I've been looking for. Even by the bolt it's a savings just using it for two projects. Perhaps I'll open my own etsy shop with the overage.

:lol:

lynmccoy 01-25-2011 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by GAgal
I am befuzzled by people on ebay that sell lots of fq and yardage lots of fabric. Where do they get the fabric? It has to be cheap to them so they can sell cheap. Any ideas?

I am a regular customer of my local fabric shop and usually spend $100-$125 a month. So when she gets a really good deal on some fabric, she offers it to her regular customers first. I'm just lucky to be close to the first 10 on her call list.

jitkaau 01-25-2011 04:20 PM

Off the back of a truck? (just joking)

marlene tarzwell 01-25-2011 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Holice
There are places in North Carolina where you can buy bulk
There is a place at Fancy Gap Virginia (or might be NC) Just off the interstate. I was hoping to get this kind of information when I posted the subject recently but most of what I got was on line and regular quilt shops. There is another shop in Monroe NC. Believe is The Remnant Shop

We went to a lg. remnent warehouse. It carried lots of giant rolls of fabric, even batting, also packaged sheets and curtains. It was in NC but we cant remember where.I think 2 ladies ran it. Any ideas anyone where this could be? Thanks.

Jbarrow 01-25-2011 06:26 PM

Maybe shops that go out of business....

suttonrose 01-25-2011 06:32 PM

me too,Ihave a tax ID but no source

penski 01-25-2011 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by GrammyX3
I know that the 5 and dime in my home town goes to a place in Chicago and gets bulk for there craft department. Most of the fabric is of good quilting quality, some is on the thin side. They get lots of fleece, flannel, and cottons some mixed knits and silky type material too. They get large amounts and sell most of the cottons for $2.99 yrd. and the fleece goes for $5-$7.00 yrd. flannels go for $2.99 a yard. They have 9 4ft x 8ft tables full and several shelf units. The tables are about 18" deep in fabric.
They do not carry any moda. they sometimes have batics and 30's repo. and lots of panels with cordinating fabric. I get lost for hours when I can get there. {hee hee} wish I could get there more often and have a bottomless pocket book! {drule drule}

where about in chicago ? can anyone go there and buy?