Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How do you like Your Gammill? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-do-you-like-your-gammill-t193731.html)

#1piecemaker 07-05-2012 01:53 PM

How do you like Your Gammill?

I am ready to purchase my longarm machine. I'm going to look at a Gammill Monday if nothing happens. I'd like to hear from other board members who have Gammill machines and how they like or dislike them. Thanks

JustAbitCrazy 07-05-2012 02:13 PM

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE mine! It is stitch regulated (which is a great feature!). I also use the vertical and horizontal channel locks alot--great for loading a quilt and backing and keeping everything square all through the quilting process. I bought mine used (all I could afford), and have never regretted it one minute. Good luck with whatever new longarm you get! Let us know how things go...

#1piecemaker 07-05-2012 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy (Post 5341510)
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE mine! It is stitch regulated (which is a great feature!). I also use the vertical and horizontal channel locks alot--great for loading a quilt and backing and keeping everything square all through the quilting process. I bought mine used (all I could afford), and have never regretted it one minute. Good luck with whatever new longarm you get! Let us know how things go...

What size do you have?

Just Me... 07-05-2012 02:53 PM

I have two Gammills and wouldn't have any other brand! Love both the girls!

valleyquiltermo 07-05-2012 03:00 PM

I bought mine new and I love it. My stitch regulater just went out on it 3 weeks ago, waiting for it to be replaced.
I had just about finished a quilt and was ready to put in my quilt for quilters project when it went out. Pour carrot has to wait untill they get it fixed. So I can quilt here quilt.

ckcowl 07-05-2012 03:11 PM

gammils are the Rolls Royces of quilting machines---
they seem to set the bar for all other's to strive to achieve.
I've been lucky enough to get to use one a few times but my machine is not one- it is one of those that some day i will be able to afford to (afford) to upgrade to that point- in the mean time i will keep using (and loving) my Ford :)

#1piecemaker 07-05-2012 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Just Me... (Post 5341618)
I have two Gammills and wouldn't have any other brand! Love both the girls!

You have two of them??? Oh, my!!! Dare I dream?

dunster 07-05-2012 04:18 PM

I think that Gammill used to be the standard, but no more. Now the competition is fierce, and many have features that Gammill does not have. I considered Gammill when I purchased, but found that an Innova was better for me. Look around and compare, and find the one that is right to you.

Joset 07-06-2012 03:25 AM

I have a 1600p on a gracie frame and it works very good. but i still dream
of a gammill but probably will never own one. but they say if you
dream , dream big. lol

lfletcher 07-06-2012 03:34 AM

I love my Gammill. I have an 18/8 Vision on a 10' frame. I've had it a year now and really love it. I took a 2 day class which came with the machine and I would recommend this to anyone buying a longarm. It took the fear out of it and I learned most of the basics. I still refer to my manual on occasion. I have quilted about 30 quilts in the last year so I've stayed busy with it. Her name is Gabby.