Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How do you organize/store your sewing machine feet? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-do-you-organize-store-your-sewing-machine-feet-t78220.html)

hobo2000 11-23-2010 10:52 AM

I have a plastic storage box with a hinged lid and 32 compartments. I store each foot in its own with a typed card that tells me what the foot is for and replacement #. It holds my Janome and Brother parts and a few old Singer treadle parts. I made a wide elastic band to go around because the top opened once and they all dropped on the floor. Never again.

pittsburgpam 11-23-2010 11:02 AM

My Viking Sapphire has a compartment on the back part of the sewing bed that opens up. It holds like 10 feet and bobbins, all in their own little slot. I LOVE that the did this.

leaha 11-23-2010 12:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I use my tea chest, the ones that came with each machine are right there with the machine in tool box

lab fairy 11-23-2010 12:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I use a two-sided fishing tackle box. Using a labeler, I made numbers for the cubbies. After I placed a foot in a hole, I made a corresponding a number/label with the name of the foot that I put on the lid. Sometimes I buy a foot for a specific project and umpteen projects later can't remember what the darn foot was called.

I decided the explanation was harder to understand than a visual. I hope this helps. The tackle box I just bought for my daughter's sewing feet has colored hinges.

lab fairy 11-23-2010 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by leaha
I use my tea chest, the ones that came with each machine are right there with the machine in tool box

I like your tea chest. Very pretty. I chose my tackle box for travel to and from class but that wood is beautiful.

Tilladare 11-23-2010 12:36 PM

All these ideas are wonderful! I especially like the labels idea, otherwise I'll never know what the foot is!

featherweight 11-23-2010 12:51 PM

I use the little weekly pill boxes. There are seven compartments and they travel well to classes also. They also have the boxes that have 28 compartments for pills. They hold most of the feet except the walking foot.

lab fairy 11-23-2010 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Tilladare
All these ideas are wonderful! I especially like the labels idea, otherwise I'll never know what the foot is!

Here's my admission of guilt. :oops: I actually had to look mine up a bunch of times, double check them, go ask my dealer to make sure they were what I thought they were, then was afraid I'd forget. That's when I came up with the labeling idea. (The feet in the tackle box are not the "standard" feet that came with my machine.)

krabadan 11-23-2010 04:56 PM

I have all of mine in a small plastic case used by fishermen for their lures.

VernaL 11-23-2010 08:23 PM

I have an older Bernina white tool box with dividers, etc. I keep mine in there along with the small descriptive sheet that came with each foot.