Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   HOW DO YOU USE YOUR QUILTS? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-do-you-use-your-quilts-t58134.html)

Annya 08-07-2010 08:42 PM

I used only fabrics from my stash for this Teddy Bear Picnic quilt and only bought the Ballerina and teale fabrics for the baby/child quilt I will be doing next for my nieces third live baby. She lost her first boy hours before he was born. Now she had both girl and boy with another girl due in September. I always make quilts for when they are older too. I cant' afford to make quilts for the same people every time. I will ask our president next week about the mans name and give it to you on here, if that is OK.

katesnanna 08-07-2010 09:11 PM

Thank you Annya. Sad to hear of anyone losing a child. My eldest lost one at three months. Took her a long time to have her two. She was 35 when her son was born and 40 when she had her daughter. They are the light of my life.

teresa crawford 08-07-2010 10:05 PM

just a note to say i made my mother a bueatiful burgandy and cream jacobs ladder quilt ,and she never even used it ,because she was afraid to mess it up, now she is gone to heaven, and i foud it still in the bag i sent it to her in ,it broke my heart,to know she never used it to keep warm with that was the whole purpose of making the quilt for her..now my niece has it ,i sure hope she uses it for her and her family as a herloom from her aunt teet..

zz-pd 08-07-2010 10:19 PM

I don't own one yet. God bless. Penny

Annya 08-08-2010 12:45 AM

the quilt pictured is the one I did for my mum and she has it in the cupboard so the Little Dogs don't get their claws hooked on the applique. There is no where she can hang it even though I put a rod pocket on it. I do to ALL my quilts now, makes it easy to hang if needed. The photo is not the best but it was taken at our Bi-annual quilt show.

pojo 08-08-2010 03:26 AM

I make mine to be used and washed.

Not to put in a showcase.

I have a dashound and a husband loves to cuddle up in them.

Lizzytish 08-08-2010 05:01 AM

I make them to use. I love my quilts being used. I made a queen size one for our bed and we use it all the time it feels so good.

I am disappointed if they are not used.

EagarBeez 08-08-2010 06:26 AM

Mine are made to be used. I have one I use as a spread. Others I have made for family and not sure how they use them,but, they are all made with love

quiltmom04 08-08-2010 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Ardelle Coult
When I make a quilt it is always for use as a bed spread and I never use it as a blanket. However, most of the time when I make a quilt for one of my daughters or grandchildren they use them a blankets.

Just wondering how everyone else feels about this.

I use mine as bedspreads, but I always use the bedspread as a blanket. That is, I never take it off at night. I also use them as picnic blankets, sofa blankets, keep one in the car in the winter, wallhangings, etc. When I give them away, I make them to be USED and whoever gets them has my best wishes to use them as they like. The only one ever abused was by my hateful ex-sister in law.

Annya 08-08-2010 07:48 AM

I have a few still here but most of the ones I have made are being used by children and grandchildren. I have made several for my nieces for their babies, but they are about 36inches square or more. You do hate seeing your hard work getting mistreated, bur so foar no one has done that.