Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How far would you travel for fabric ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-far-would-you-travel-fabric-t207218.html)

BellaBoo 11-29-2012 07:16 AM

I flew from AR to Boston then drove to NH to visit Keepsakes Quilting. That's the furthest I've traveled for fabric. LOL It was a visit with relatives in Boston but I never let on that a visit to Keepsakes was the motivator of my going. And to add icing...the Gee's Bend Quit exhibit was at the Boston museum during my visit and the release of one of the Harry Potter books at midnight, my granddaughter (she came with me) loved being in Boston's biggest bookstore at midnight for that.

Hulalulu 11-29-2012 09:25 AM

Love living on this island -- and the fact we have three fabric stores is a wonder! If there were a way to "drive" the 90 miles to Oahu I could pack the car with quilters and we could all go crazy in "da big city"! What we all wait for here are the words "new arrivals!" When we get to the mainland, we all ship boxes home....it might be a blessing that it's so far away! Wouldn't move tho' for all the fabric shops in LA!

QuiltE 11-29-2012 01:38 PM

JMCDA ... this is not good news! ITA that hopefully someone else will take it over. Likewise Reichards in Elmira is for sale. Being at Stratford you have the luck of being not too far away from Country Patchworks ... another great store!

MTS ... *drool* ... love Oakshotts!

Little RoO ... don't let us down. Please do go and check out the Oakshott sale!
And you know the rest of the story ... be sure to let us know!:D)

Little RoO 11-29-2012 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5688016)
JMCDA ... this is not good news! ITA that hopefully someone else will take it over. Likewise Reichards in Elmira is for sale. Being at Stratford you have the luck of being not too far away from Country Patchworks ... another great store!

MTS ... *drool* ... love Oakshotts!

Little RoO ... don't let us down. Please do go and check out the Oakshott sale!
And you know the rest of the story ... be sure to let us know!:D)

I love Oakshotts....it is such interesting fabric and certainly have some of it in my stash.....I am lucky enough to pass their shop on a regular basis.......did so like the idea though of the quilt shopping in Canada....dream....dream.....dream

quiltingme 11-29-2012 01:50 PM

I have gone eight hours away for fabric, but it was on the way to see the grand kids. Does that count?

Jackie Spencer 11-29-2012 01:55 PM

A few years ago me, and a friend, drove from where we live ( So. In.) to Keepsake Quilting in NH. We had a ball! stopped at Quilt Shops along the way, and every christmas Shop we could find. Our ultimate goal was KSQing and we had such a wonderful time. I have done a shop hop in Oregon when I was out there visiting my sister and went to the Stitching Post in Sisters Oregon. Isn't it wonderful that Quilt Shops are so different, yet their all Quilt Shops!!

QuiltE 11-29-2012 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Little RoO (Post 5688037)
I love Oakshotts....it is such interesting fabric and certainly have some of it in my stash.....I am lucky enough to pass their shop on a regular basis.......did so like the idea though of the quilt shopping in Canada....dream....dream.....dream

First you dream ... then you make it into reality!

Come on over to this side of the pond! :D

weasier22 11-29-2012 06:11 PM

For that distance, I'd have to be clicking the "submit order" on the computer screen! So sorry your bubble burst! Hope you can find just what you're looking for to achieve that special "pop".

happylab 11-30-2012 07:30 PM

I have traveled as far as Alaska. I wasn't looking for a particular fabric. Just wanted fabric from that location. Now when I travel and see a quilt shop, I like to buy a piece or two to help me remember places I have visited. Like a keepsake from that place. I love collecting fabric from different places.

Annaquilts 11-30-2012 07:51 PM

Oh that is dissapointing!