Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How good are you at THROWING AWAY???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-good-you-throwing-away-t143904.html)

Dolphyngyrl 08-09-2011 03:55 PM

I'll give you 2 words pack rat

KwiltyKahy 08-09-2011 03:57 PM

i confess.

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl
I'll give you 2 words pack rat

Jingle 08-09-2011 04:00 PM

I don't throw out anything that can be used for anything. Everything I get rid of goes to Goodwill or Salvation Army. I may not want it but, maybe someone else will be thrilled to get it.

pocoellie 08-09-2011 04:03 PM

I'm NOT good, I keep practically every little bit of scrap and thread. LOL One of these days I'll use them.

JanTx 08-09-2011 04:06 PM

A while back there was a thread on here similar to this and someone posted about her church group using scraps to make charity quilts. Does this describe any of you?

luvstoquilt301 08-09-2011 04:12 PM

I save all the small stuff I do NOT want for our guilds once a year yard sale. I save them in see through containers and they sell very fast.

I am way too much stash to be making stuff from scraps.

no1jan 08-09-2011 04:23 PM

I can't throw anything away. I belong to a guild and whatever I can't use I give to them to sell at their "boutique". That way they can make money for charities!

I also pick up things at garage sales and on Craigslist and Freecycle for them. What is someone's trash is truly someone else's treasure!

I even managed to pick up small scraps of a fabric my SIL needed to finish a queen size yo-yo quilt. She had enough to make 10 but only needed 8.

JeannieT 08-09-2011 04:36 PM

I can't throw away any scraps!! I do a lot of appliques and also sell appliques so I keep it all. I only get rid of scraps if i feel like I'm using the same fabrics over and over, then I box them up and sell them on Craigslist. Someone is always looking for fabric scraps. Then I start all over again filling up my scrap carts!

RkayD 08-09-2011 04:42 PM

I'm terrible at throwing away anything I think I can use to sew with..which is why my room is such a disaster. For the first time ever I have one dedicated sewing room and not all my junk fits. I thought I was going to have 2 rooms and did for a few months...but the girlie kid needed it..so..I have a bigger mess than what I started with..I am determined to get it under control though before I start mega sewing for Christmas. =) Wish me luck.. !

KwiltyKahy 08-09-2011 04:46 PM

I wish you luck. Let me know how you do it. Your room can't be as bad as mine.

Originally Posted by RkayD
I'm terrible at throwing away anything I think I can use to sew with..which is why my room is such a disaster. For the first time ever I have one dedicated sewing room and not all my junk fits. I thought I was going to have 2 rooms and did for a few months...but the girlie kid needed it..so..I have a bigger mess than what I started with..I am determined to get it under control though before I start mega sewing for Christmas. =) Wish me luck.. !