Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How Important is Your Stash? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-important-your-stash-t139641.html)

Landers 07-24-2011 06:59 AM

I feel like the majority here, my stash is very important. I was off on Friday, ran a couple of errands and back home at 10am Friday am. I have not moved my car. I pulled from my stash to make a wholecloth wall hanging and had all the supply I needed at home.

Yes, sometimes I think that I have too much fabric but when you have weekends where you don't want to drive anywhere, my stash comes in handy!!

pjnesler 07-24-2011 07:14 AM

VERY important - I started building my stash when I was working full time and had the ability to buy what I loved for SOMEDAY - knowing it would come. Downsizing - outsourcing - company closing and finally no longer employed at the job I loved changed the world, but I still have my stash to work with, and add to it occasionally, just not in the fashion I had previously. I think that's part of the "Girl Scout law"

lots2do 07-24-2011 07:17 AM

Yes, Be Prepared. Glad you were, pjnesler!

janiesews 07-24-2011 07:20 AM

I like my stash and do go to it and use from it. On several occasions I do a project and use only from my stash-makes me feel good--but when I see something I like I continue to buy and add to my stash. Have said I am investing in my retirement! :-D

skothing 07-24-2011 07:38 AM

As I am trying to get hold of the clutter I am wondering the same thing. I use to be a crazy woman cleaning until midnight. But events took place and I had to turn my attention else where. Doctors said let go of perfection or else.I didn't like "the or else" so I had to let go. Now I am taking pills to walk and move now that it is painful. It truly takes me a lot of time just to do the dishes.

So that said I love my stash but wish it was better behaved. It must run and jump and play when my back is turned. Gremlins are at play when I close the door. Bad gremlins! :P :lol: :thumbup:

charhend 07-24-2011 07:40 AM

Love, Love my stash!! It will out live me. I will have a happy granddaughter who likes to quilt. Knowing her, she will probably share a lot with chairities.

GV09 07-24-2011 07:45 AM

Mine is new and small.
I have no cotton fabric stores (in my country there is only mixed), so buy them all out. That part is good as my pulse slows "I want everything!"
But my first purchases were many small pieces! Now when I see a project all require more than 1 or 2 yards and so I have not reached me!
Now my new purchases include fewer models, but more of each!
You learn every day!

debby wicke 07-24-2011 07:53 AM

I am not happy when I go to start quilting and do not have fabric colors needed...does this telling you anything.

GailG 07-24-2011 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by LisaGibbs
My dh told me the other day he wanted to make a quilt of his own design. So while he is "designing" in his head I asked him if he wanted to look at fabrics to get for his quilt. he said, "I just thought I would use some of that fabric you have." I stared at him in total disbelief and asked him if he had lost his ever living mind. I would prefer to share my toothbrush with him than have him touch my stash.

:lol: This cracks me up! But I would be interested to see which fabrics my DH would choose. He and I have such different tastes.

grannypat7925 07-24-2011 08:10 AM

Glad I bought a lot earlier before the big jump in prices. Have enuf to last a looooong time!