Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How long did it take you to complete a "Dear Jane" quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-long-did-take-you-complete-dear-jane-quilt-t264276.html)

JustAbitCrazy 04-22-2015 02:54 PM

I started one last summer and have only completed about a dozen blocks. Haven't touched it since July. I'm making blocks between other projects, so it'll be awhile...

WMUTeach 04-23-2015 02:30 AM

My guild is working on the DJ together. We are projecting a three year project so don't be too hard on yourself. :) The finished product in 6 months or 5 years will still be a beauty and a skill and endurance builder.

I am about 35 blocks into the finished quilt and will just keep plodding forward until finished.

daisydebby 04-23-2015 08:01 AM

I started mine with this board I believe 3 years ago. I didn't post as I can't always get the pics to load. I have less than 20 blocks to go and just jumped to another project. I did also go to the DearJane.com list and got a triangle done a week....so the outside was done that 1st year. I think I have the really hard blocks to go...and reverse applique. Need to get it done. So many beautiful baby janes out there.

susie-susie-susie 04-23-2015 08:10 AM

I started mine about 3 years ago. I have about 80 blocks done and most of the others sorted with the fabric in baggies. I wasn't very confident in my appliqué skills when I started, so I have all of the appliqué blocks to do. As most of you have said--it has been sitting and waiting for me to get back to it. Someday it will be finished, probably several more years.
Sue

Pennyhal 04-23-2015 09:43 AM

I must be brain dead today. How do I find it?

Pennyhal 04-23-2015 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 (Post 7171954)
I wouldn't even want to attempt to make one. I think a friend started working on one but I don't think she has stuck to her schedule.

Ok, forgot to put the quote itn. sorry.

I can't find them. I tried a search of the Pictures forum, but is there a special place for Dear Jane?

Pennyhal 04-23-2015 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose (Post 7171958)
There is a "Dear Jane" section of the picture gallery here on the board....very beautiful quilts!

Then I did the wrong quote. Guess I need to upgrade my computer skills.\

sorry

Retired Quilter 04-23-2015 12:28 PM

I haven't made a Dear Jane but, I made a Sylvia's Bridal Journey Quilt (approx. 150 - 6 1/2 inch blocks.) We had a monthly class that took three years. The learning was great and the finished quilt is beautiful. It took dedication and persistance.

DottyD 04-23-2015 01:05 PM

I started my Christmas Baby Jane in May 2007 and completed it in December 2014 - so 7 years. I did have over a year off when my dear Mum was very poorly and then she passed away. I couldn't get going again for a while. But I did eventually and am so glad I did. I learnt so much and have met some lovely ladies along the way.
If you would care to see it - click on my signature below.
I am going to enter it in a large quilt show at Sandown, UK - in June - my first entry in a large show.
I am now making two of Jennifer Chiaverini's quilts Sylvia's Bridal Sampler and Loyal Union Sampler as a BOW on a Yahoo site. These are 6" blocks - so a little bigger than the DJ blocks.

www.thatquilt.blogspot is a great source of help for all the DJ blocks. The lady (Anina) has done a tutorial on every block and tri.
I would love to see any posts of blocks anyone might have done !

caspharm 04-23-2015 03:04 PM

I started several years ago with a class with Brenda Papadakis. It is still sitting in my WIP pile.