Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How Long Does It Take to Make a Bow Tuck? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-long-does-take-make-bow-tuck-t76487.html)

NanaJan 11-15-2010 02:37 PM

I just finished my 10th one and they still take me about 6-7 hours. I take some breaks though because life gets in the way!

ncsewer 11-15-2010 03:39 PM

It depends on how much quilting I do on them. One was about 7 hours and had quite a bit of quilting the other had less and took about 5 or 6 hours. But... all in all still worth it.

Dingle 11-15-2010 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mousie

Originally Posted by Antdebby1
I've made two so far and I would say they both took about 7 hours each. I do alot of quilting so that takes extra time. I'm slow, too. They are very fun to make!

I've got the pattern, but haven't made one yet.
Man, am I glad to hear somebody say they sew slow!
I thought I was the only one. I do have health problems and visual problems that get in the way, but I'm glad everybody's not running a marathon on their machines. I feel better.
BTW, I love to see all the new totes and Bow Tucks, everyone is making.
Can somebody tell me the finished size? My DD's all use smaller purses and I have wondered if they would like one.
Not sure, they aren't into the whole quilt thing, but they don't look "quilty" to me, just cute! :-D

Depending on which pattern you bought the size is on the pattern :D

HTH

KarenS 11-16-2010 01:22 AM

Thanks for all your input!!! I feel so much better knowing I am not that slow!! :)

Laura3 11-16-2010 04:27 AM

I also take my time and love the process of picking fabrics, and altering little things along the way to make each bag a little different. One thing I have done that saves time is color group the bags. I now have two different bags using blacks that can be quilted in black thread. I have them both ready and work on them at the same time. So the quilting seems to be a little faster not having to change thread, and knocking out two at a time. My next grouping is the browns and teals....For some reason I cannot get enough of those colors!! Load up my machine with brown thread and I am ready to go.... I also do all the cutting for the bags at once. I have a big pile of pellon ready to go and the next few bags already cut and stacked.

Have Fun...

wvdek 11-16-2010 04:58 AM

My one and only thus far, took about 8 hours. I too took breaks and was 'picky'.

Annz 11-16-2010 04:25 PM

I haven't made one yet but hope to someday so this info is good to know so I can set aside that amount of time.

KarenS 11-17-2010 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Laura3
I also take my time and love the process of picking fabrics, and altering little things along the way to make each bag a little different. One thing I have done that saves time is color group the bags. I now have two different bags using blacks that can be quilted in black thread. I have them both ready and work on them at the same time. So the quilting seems to be a little faster not having to change thread, and knocking out two at a time. My next grouping is the browns and teals....For some reason I cannot get enough of those colors!! Load up my machine with brown thread and I am ready to go.... I also do all the cutting for the bags at once. I have a big pile of pellon ready to go and the next few bags already cut and stacked.

Have Fun...

Great suggestions! I am going to try this!