Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How many do you have "in progress"? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-do-you-have-%22-progress%22-t135744.html)

DawnMarie 07-06-2011 07:22 PM

So, I've got 6 quilts going right now, and even more in the planning stages. It's not yet too difficult to keep them separated, but I think I need to get them all finished right now! lol
How many WIPS or PIGS do you have?

alikat110 07-06-2011 07:25 PM

MadQuilter 07-06-2011 07:27 PM

too many to count

katier825 07-06-2011 07:28 PM

Too many to count! I just cut out 3 more today. I finished 2 baby quilts and a quilt top the other day. I've got a couple that need to be quilted, another that needs borders added, plus some that I've already kitted up and a few that I pulled fabric aside, but have yet to do anything with. Another that I cut wrong and had to rip out and reconfigure. I finally got it ripped out yesterday.

Most of the time I have to dismantle my quilting area when I am thru, so I keep piecing when I can (I have a very tiny area to work in my bedroom) and quilt when I can set up without having to take down in a few hours. Assembly line works best for me, even if it means working on multiple projects.

QuiltE 07-06-2011 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by DawnMarie
So, I've got 6 quilts going right now, and even more in the planning stages. It's not yet too difficult to keep them separated, but I think I need to get them all finished right now! lol
How many WIPS or PIGS do you have?

I have no clue how many!!
I always look at it as "Variety is the Spice of Life" and a variety of projects is good medicine for me.

WIPs, PhDs, and UFOs I get.
Though PIGS' have me stumped?

Projects In G?? Stages ... is what I'm guessing??
Anywhere near closer?

leatheflea 07-06-2011 07:34 PM

Man you made me count and that is depressing because I didn't think I had so many WIP's. 7 tops to be quilted, 2 in the process of being quilted, one sandwiched and spray basted, One with blocks done, One partially pieced top, one hand piecing, and one that I just started cutting the pieces. Good news is that I've almost got one ready to be bound, just a little more echo quilting tomarrow and I'll be done. This one has been in process for over a year. Oh no I got one more that's under the table that's sandwiched and partially quilted. I've been trying to use up my stash and I get ideas quicker than I can put them together.

seamstome 07-06-2011 07:37 PM

I have two tops ready to go to the LA but am waiting to finish the third so it's only one trip. So that's three.

I have one I am stumped on and three I got bored with. I have one that only needs one square. That's eight.

Then I have the three quilts that are cut but I only work on at retreats. I dont think they really should count because I purposely dont work on them. They are easy and portable so it makes my retreats easier.

Then I have another ten I havent started but have all the stuff for.

In my defense, I have finished probably fourteen or fifteen in the last year if you count wallhangings.

QuiltingGrannie 07-06-2011 07:39 PM

One on the longarm, two still piecing, a customer quilt waiting for thread to arrive, two more quilts headed my way to longarm. and 4 in the design stage and one lonely one in a plastic container in the cutting stage as I've lost interest in it for now. Poor quilt/wall hanging.

seamstome 07-06-2011 07:42 PM

PIGS--project in grocery sack.

soccertxi 07-06-2011 07:46 PM

Every Jan 1st I stop, organize a bit to prioritize, and count WIPS, PIGS and UFOs...last Jan I stopped COUNTING at 30...Guess I just cannot count any higher than that!