Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How many Feel sooooo Terrible after a quiltshow that: (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-feel-sooooo-terrible-after-quiltshow-t202322.html)

kateyb 10-06-2012 06:54 AM

Quilt shows inspire me, gives me ideas, and sometimes I think that something I see is actually possible for me to do. I've entered a few things in the county fair and they have all received ribbons - usually a second or third place but the judges' critique helps me to know the areas I can improve in. Most of my quilts go to friends or family and they appreciate them. I keep a few that are special to me, like the embroidered one started by my mom and finished by me, my first guild challenge that placed, the ones for my bed and the lap quilts for my husband and I, wall quilts for decor.

GrannieAnnie 10-06-2012 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by ProLongarmARTQUILTER (Post 5562711)
They'd Rather Not even look or think or want to ever Do another Thing much less a Quilted Thing. Ooooooo!!!!! I'd Rather Not!!!:thumbdown:

the only thing I ever regret is spending more money!

GrannieAnnie 10-06-2012 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Valerie Ann (Post 5562961)
Okay. Call me shallow. I can't wait for the big quilt show starting next week because I like to shop and, by the way, look at the quilts.

And that is MY problem. SHOP TOO MUCH, look too little.

DebbE 10-06-2012 07:13 AM

No, I don't feel anything but inspired after a quilt show. I know I'll never do an art quilt or be recognized for my work, as its very simple. But its from my heart, as I do the best I can in every project, and I know that the folks who receive my quilts love them and enjoy them. I admire folks that can produce those beautiful creations, though -- and I thoroughly enjoying looking at each and every one.

Dizzymae 10-06-2012 07:22 AM

I love going for the fun of it. I'm with my daughter and I love to watch others who are with friends and their families, you will never see more happy ladies.
I appreciate the art and know I will never be at that leavel of quilting.
I made a quilt for my grandson and he asked me if he had to hang it on the wall like his other grandmother does. I told him no I wanted to see him wrapped up it it. That's why I quilt I want them to be used and loved.

G'ma Kay 10-06-2012 07:36 AM

I always feel I should be at home finishing projects. But I love the eye candy!

judord 10-06-2012 08:00 AM

To me it is like going to an Art show or such. It is great to see what talented people can do, but tho I know I will probably never get there, I can enjoy what they do and be inspired. Did something you did get dissed?..... or does it just make you feel inadequate? Wish you could just be inspired also. Hugs..............
Judy

Pam H 10-06-2012 08:52 AM

I love going to quilt shows to see all the gorgeous quilts. I don't even understand how someone can work for 2, 3 or more years on a quilt. They are amazing, but still. I am a "get er done" kind of gal. Let's just not talk about my ufo's. LOL

llong0233 10-06-2012 08:58 AM

Here's something I try to keep in mind when looking at beautiful quilt work:
we should not compare ourselves with others, only with ourselves.
Have fun quilting and improving your skills!

quiltingcandy 10-06-2012 09:03 AM

I love to go to quilt shows! Usually I find I am not as bad as I think I am and get wonderful ideas and sometimes there is fabric there that I will never find anywhere else. Sometimes I will buy a pattern and generally have a good time. I like to go with friends and I like to go by myself. So usually if it is 3 days I go once with friends and once by myself. I have been known to go all three days too if there is something I liked. (Love those antique tops!)