Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How many finished quilts do you have? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-finished-quilts-do-you-have-t107268.html)

katiebear1 03-13-2011 07:36 AM

I have 10 and I have gifted 10. I only started quilting 18 months ago. So I average about one a month.

LindaR 03-13-2011 07:40 AM

way too many and many more to do, patterns to try, have never tried selling any.

quilter1943 03-13-2011 07:43 AM

Store your quilts in cotton pillow cases if you don't have them out, but they will dry rot in plastic bags if they don't get air. Even then you need to get them out every 6 months or so and lay them out on a bed for a couple of days. Quilt museums store theirs laying flat in huge drawers. That would be the very best.

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker
I have so many quilts made that I have bought those plastic zippered bags to store them in. My closet is filling fast. I did sell one the other day. Hurray! But, I think I may need to get a bigger closet. I've gifted a few and donated one to raise money for a sick child. So, what do you do with all the quilts you make?

isnthatodd 03-13-2011 07:46 AM

I have a couple that were my children's that have stayed home, but all the rest have been made for someone special, so are gone. My hubby occasionally asks when I will get the one done for our bed, and I tell him it's on the list.

dgmoby 03-13-2011 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
None. Mine have all been either for charity or gifts, but am in the process of finally getting to something for ME though. LOL

Me, too! When I go to one of my friends house, and see it stuffed with quilts - everywhere, I can't help but think that it would be wonderful to share those with others...like her kids, grandkids, etc. Instead, she likes to keep the majority of them herself. So they're stored away, or displayed (it's WAY too crowded now). No, or very little, gifting from her.

I gift mine, or donate them, so only have a very few that are being used. My hubby says he would like for me to keep more, but I so like to give them away to friends and family that appreciate them - and then there are the soldiers, who also appreciate them. I guess I prefer to share!

quiltilicious 03-13-2011 07:50 AM

finished pieces, I have 5 bed/lap quilts (2 of them are my daughter's and are in her room - do they count? LOL), 6 large wall hangings (over 40" on a side) and 6 small wall hangings.

6 of the wall hangings are going into a shows starting in a couple of weeks.

I've also given away/sold more quilts than that.

lberna 03-13-2011 08:03 AM

I have completed about 25 lap to queen size quilts. I have given away about 6 of them. I think of them as my children. very difficult for me to part with them.

max's grandma 03-13-2011 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by LindaR
way too many and many more to do, patterns to try, have never tried selling any.

ditto

belmer 03-13-2011 09:12 AM

Too many to count! and Yet I keep making them and giving most of them away as gifts and charity.

littlehud 03-13-2011 09:15 AM

My kids and Grand daughter all have a number of quilts as do I. I have given a lot away too.