Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How Many Have Been on a Quilting Cruise? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-have-been-quilting-cruise-t42750.html)

RedGarnet222 04-15-2010 05:22 PM

I wish there was a american orient express one. I love trains and wouldn't that be fun to travel the country, stop, be driven to a quilt shop have a day class and off you go again. I would be in heaven.
I agree about the cruises being more fun to just sight see. I can't imagine fitting a class into all the fun of a trip like that. I am too exausted from all the fun!

suzeq 04-15-2010 05:54 PM

I want to go on one. Recently, I read about one in December. Thought I saved info. Not. So, if anyone knows of this one, please let me know. It said, Bernina machines furnished, quilting at sea, but, rooms always open. Help! Silvia

littlehud 04-15-2010 06:56 PM

It sounds like fun but I have never been on one.

BLSD2QLT 04-15-2010 07:11 PM

I agree with you! I love this idea!

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
I want to go on one soon. From what I have read in quilting mags, the ones sponsored thru Stitchin Heaven, or advertised on the sites of the quilters like Kaye Wood, Carol DOak, etc. are the best. Cost a little more but they are organized so well. I wish they would do some that don't go to foreign or popular places. Just get on a ship and cruise while we quilt.

amandasgramma 04-15-2010 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
I wish there was a american orient express one. I love trains and wouldn't that be fun to travel the country, stop, be driven to a quilt shop have a day class and off you go again. I would be in heaven.
I agree about the cruises being more fun to just sight see. I can't imagine fitting a class into all the fun of a trip like that. I am too exausted from all the fun!

I LOVE this idea!!!! What fun that would be!

craftybear 04-15-2010 07:24 PM

I have been on a cruise but wasn't a quilting cruise.

It sure would be fun!

Karen "Craftybear"

wvdek 04-15-2010 07:33 PM

It's a dream of mine also.

Gal 04-15-2010 11:35 PM

I have not been on any cruises, can't imagine I would ever have the money but the American Orient Express sounds fabulous so when I win Lotto..........
Gal

earthwalker 04-16-2010 12:30 AM

I decided quite a while ago to hang up my travelling boots. A quilt cruise though, might be able to get me interested, trouble is, I would find it incredibly difficult to justify the expense. I am frugal to the point of being labelled "mad" by my offspring.

stitchinwitch 04-16-2010 03:49 AM

The other day I googled "quilting cruises" and saw quite a few - one was to China but it was 3200 pp do - AND if hubby went, well ----------- no way could THAT fit into ANY budget. A cruise to Alaska sounds like a wonderful time! I alway wanted to see Alaska - This is justified by "killing 2 birds with one stone?"