Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How many have started on Christmas? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-have-started-christmas-t56089.html)

jetnica 07-27-2010 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by amalia64
those are nice jetnica, wish I could start but have other things to do first.

Thanks! I'm in the middle of a quilt for a friend right now, then I have a couple of "half projects" for a friend - then I can finish up christmas stuff!!

If I get it all done now - then I can use breaks from school to work on my stuff! =)

jetnica 07-27-2010 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by deedum
I intend to make the 'two tulip purses' for Christmas gifts. I plan to do four, I got one started.

They are quick and easy - and so much fun! Please post pics of yours when you're done!

bejay28 07-27-2010 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Lockeb
I've finished the quilt top for my sister's snowman quilt but need to get it quilted!!! She loves snowmen..and I picked up some wonderful snowman panel from Moda a couple of weeks ago - with some coordinates...can't wait to see it finished..... I may want one as well :-)

Snowmen are my favorite too! They are so Jolly looking, and just cool!

brighmet 07-27-2010 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by isnthatodd
I am making aprons for everyone female this year from a really cool-looking pattern. So far I have the pattern!

I am also going to make the table runners for 3 of my children that I cut out last year.

I found the cutest panel for 3 fabric boxes I am making for my granddaughters, and will put earrings in 2 of them, as they will both have pierced ears by then. That leaves 1 granddaughter and 2 grandsons. And my husband, of course. :lol:

I made 9 aprons last year for gifts. I wanted to get rid of some of my stash so I made them all reversible. Each one took 1 yard each of 2 different fabrics. I thought I was going to greatly reduce my stash by using 18 yards of fabric!!!!!
Do you think I could get by with giving everyone another apron this Christmas???????? I highly doubt it but it was an idea!!!!!

fancifrock 07-27-2010 07:23 AM

Quilt is just beautiful. Thanks for pictures

SandyGail 07-27-2010 10:04 AM

I actually finished a Christmas quilt for granddaughter last week. Only 4 more to go. I am going to a guild retreat Aug 13 & 14. I am cutting my quilts ahead of time. I plan on getting the tops done. I do not like to be a last minute person.
SandyGail

finchelover 07-27-2010 02:46 PM

I want to make a tree skirt for tabletop small tree but can't find a pattern. Does anyone have one or tell me how to do it

betlinsmom 07-27-2010 03:04 PM

I have been working on Christmas gifts for a couple of months...none finished yet. Lots of Life happening around here and cant seem to keep up. I LOVE anything Christmas and get really excited to see Christmas fabrics peeking out of my own stash so by the time they hit the stores I am holding my breath and my nose is smushed up against the store window!! Maybe some of us WERE elves in a former life!!

cbuchanan 08-07-2010 09:42 AM

I just cleaned out my stash and now have all of my Christmas fabric together but I don't have any large pieces. Anyone have pictures or suggestions for making scrappy small wall hangings or mini quilts from scraps with Christmas theme?

Melinda in Tulsa 08-07-2010 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by cbuchanan
I just cleaned out my stash and now have all of my Christmas fabric together but I don't have any large pieces. Anyone have pictures or suggestions for making scrappy small wall hangings or mini quilts from scraps with Christmas theme?

I need help with this too!