Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How many machines do you have? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-machines-do-you-have-t224314.html)

maminstl 06-24-2013 05:18 AM

I don't intend to collect, but I have a hard time letting loose of anything. I have a Bernina 1020 that I bought used years ago, a Pfaff 7570 that I inherited, a Babylock Symphony that I got last fall when I started sewing again after a long hiatus, and now a Babylock Crescendo because I've taken to quilting in a big way. I have 2 sergers, one I bought years ago, and another inherited. Then, I recently spent a whole $70 on a straight stitch Kenmore - bought one for a gift, and one for myself. I need to sell my Symphony, but am just too darn lazy to deal with it. Everything I have works great, but that Crescendo is all I really use these days.

klgls 06-24-2013 05:39 AM

I have 3. My old New Home which still works awesome - in fact used it this weekend at the dining room table to make three table runners. My newer Janome 6600P - which I LOVE!!! And then I have a 1600P on a frame - which I seldom use anymore - I like doing FMQ on my 6600. Might sell the 1600P and the frame - still undecided about that.

mjhaess 06-24-2013 05:48 AM

I love your dog..I have one that looks just like him. I have 13 sewing machines. Bernina 185, Husqvarna serger s21,
two Singer 201s, a Standard which I know nothing about. I have a Singer401A, a Singer treadle, a White rotary two Elna SU68s, four Kenmores, one new and three 158s different models. I don't need another machine but if a good deal came along I know I would have another...

mjhaess 06-24-2013 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA (Post 6138901)
:D Reading this thread I can't tell if we're bragging, complaining, inventorying, one-upping, hungering, or just plain nuts!!! :D

Jan in VA

Plain nuts..........

sewbizgirl 06-24-2013 06:04 AM

Ten sewing machines and two sergers. My main quilter is my Juki TL2010Q-- free motion quilts like a dream! I have two featherweights, a Singer 15, a Japanese clone of a 15, two Singer 201s in various stages of repair, a Bernina Record 830, a Singer 403 WORKHORSE, and a lovely Singer 66-1 Lotus treadle. I love them all... my sewing machine "family".

Vera39760 06-24-2013 06:09 AM

I had a Bernina 930 and 730e. About 3 months ago I got a 1914 singer 15-30 treadle machine, a Janome 128 to carry around, a smaller Janome that had no light so 8 got the 128. And my sister just gave me my Mom's old machine a 1964 singer, which is the one I learned to sew on when I was 9. My mother lives with me and has a Janome 6600 which I have available for my use if for some reason the others just aren't enough. I also have a Janome serger.

The Berninas are the ones I use the most.

sewbizgirl 06-24-2013 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Amythyst02 (Post 6140087)
I have you all beat : ) as I have not one sewing machine.

Let me explain.

I had a Babylock Quest, and got such a great deal on the Serenade that I put it on lay away. Then my hubby got in this horrible m/c accident, and at the same time I was making our daughters wedding dress. I got the dress done in time for the wedding, and finally dh was able to come home from rehab. I put my machine on Craigslist so I could get my new machine. Sold it in 1 day. But like a dummy I held off getting the machine out of lay away right away, as I was busy with dh and some of his medications have been over the top $$ wise. So now I am short the money for my new machine. But ... tis fine, things will smooth out soon I am hoping and I can go and get my new machine and start quilting again.

You did the right thing, taking care of your hubby. I hope he is recovering well and that you will soon be able to get your new sewing machine. All the best to you!

sewmom 06-24-2013 06:21 AM

I have Janome 11000SE which is my main machine
Janome 9000 decided to keep when I got the new embroidery machine so I could still use my favorite design cards.
1983 Kenmore mechanical
1947 FW for taking to quilting group
Atlas was my mother's needs cleaning
Atlas in cabinet bought at Goodwill for $10
Singer treadle that was my Great aunts
Singer treadle in a parlor cabinet
Janome 6600 that I use at the vacation home
Viking serger

My goal is to have my machines readily accessible(sp) so they can be used on a fairly regular basis for teaching etc.
I would like to have my treadles usable so i can piece quilts on them.

Caswews 06-24-2013 06:23 AM

2 Brother sewing machines
1 Brother embroidery/sewing machine
1 Pfaff sewing machine
1 serger (bought it when Cloth World went out of business, lol and its pink!)
1 Riccar sewing machine (I am told its equivalent to the featherweight Singer)
Hmmm which do I use: right now the Pfaff Ambition 1.5, the serger is a beast to rethread lol

Hmmm.. just plain nuts as my DH tells me all the time !LOL

littlebitoheaven 06-24-2013 06:39 AM

I have 5:

Brother - my original machine bought in 1958, which still works well.
Pfaff 2040 - love it but could never mast FMQ on it. (Not the machine's fault!)
Brother 1500 - straight stitch only and a real trooper.
? - bought on line as an extra for my granddaughters to use. Great inexpensive ($200.00) machine.
Brother INNOVA-IS 3000 - my quilting & FMQ machine. Love it! (It's only a year old.)