Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How many machines do you own? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-machines-do-you-own-t87479.html)

waquilter 01-05-2011 06:06 PM

I have 14 machines that I can think of but I think I'm a hoarder of them. If I see them in the second hand shop all dusty and unloved I have to take them home. Solution don't go to the second hand shop. I sew on my Bernina 230 all the time and have my trusty Bernina 1130 ready to go at a moments notice.

Jingle 01-05-2011 06:07 PM

I use 2 Juki TL 98QE machines all the time, 9" throat, 1 for picing, 1 for quilting.

I three machines, put away, one is a quilter's star made for quilting, throat too small and not tough enough to do the amount of quilting I do.One of these is an old singer, my first machine still works beautifully.

BRenea 01-05-2011 06:12 PM

I have three: a Husqvarna Viking 500, a Bernina Artista 730E, and a Husqvarna Viking Mega Quilter. I would love to get a longarm machine and also some vintage machines.

pinecone 01-05-2011 06:20 PM

I have 11, only 3 were bought new. I have my DGM's Franklin and my neighbor gave me her Mom's 3/4 Singer. Sometimes they just follow me home. :wink:

Originally Posted by Naturalmama
...my grandma's old machine that I used to use at her house - complete with all the cams (she willed it to me! :)) but it's up in our attic ....

I'm guessing the cams are plastic. If so, the attic isn't the best place to keep it because of the heat/cold changes. You might find it isn't as intimidating as it once was. Is it a Singer?

piney

freemo 01-05-2011 07:18 PM

I have a Singer 15-91 (my favorite), a new Sapphire 735 - these two I use. I have another old black Singer in a cabinet and a 1957 green Singer that holding up my cutting table right now. I also have 2 sergers and 2 more sewing machines that belonged to my mom, just no room right now to have them all out. I really love the zigzag on the 1957.

jollyquilting 01-05-2011 07:26 PM

I am down to three that use, (one is a small Janome to go to class) and a couple that are really for effect. It just looks around the room. One is an old, old singer that I am afraid to start because it would probably blow up the building because the cords are so old and cracked.LOL But I have to admit I also gave each of my granddaughters a sewing machine because I had so many.

Crazy Quiltin Robin 01-05-2011 07:33 PM

I have 9 machines.... but my two favorite are my new one (brother PC420) and my treddle that was my grandmas .... one day I want to make a quilt on grannys treddle and I have my moms featherweight and her old singer .... I won't get rid of any of them because some weekends I have 2 little girls who are daughters of friends 11 and 12 who come to sew and they like my machines ..... and I love having them sew with me ........ btw they are pillow case addicts ......

tjradj 01-05-2011 07:37 PM

I have the Janome Horizon which I also use on the quilting frame, and kept my Janome QC6260 for backup as it is a real workhorse.
Today i adopted an antique treadle. She's a Singer 27 from 1904 ~~
I think I could get addicted to the old gals. She's just so darned pretty!

Pins n' Ndls 01-05-2011 07:48 PM

I have :
1. 1904 Singer 27
2. J.C.Penny (Nelco ) portable made in Japan
3. Model 1872 Singer Merritt
4. Kenmore 1602
5. Singer 201
6. Singer Stylus ZigZag 457
7. White Featherweight
Think I have enough just ask DH

ScubaK 01-05-2011 07:52 PM

Oh No!!!
I have wayy too many...
I have the Pfaff CV 5.5 and then the Brother Duetta, then I just got the Pfaff Grand Quilter with New Generation frame...
Then I have some kind of Singer in the closet (will be selling) then my GMothers White Treadle...
Ouch...I don't want to tell DH how much $$$$
Kirsten