Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   how many pairs of scissors (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-pairs-scissors-t100384.html)

gzuslivz 02-17-2011 07:34 PM

Well, I inherited my Mom's scissors. She had some that were her mother's. I don't use them, so they don't really count. I really only use about 4. My two favorites are Kai dressmakers and embroidery scissors. I would grab them in a fire! Just sayin...

purplefiend 02-17-2011 07:40 PM

I have 2 pairs of the Gingher shears and 3 of the little 4" scissors. My DD sews so some of them are hers. She still lives with me.

caspoohbear 02-17-2011 07:55 PM

I buy more every time they're on sale.

Gerbie 02-17-2011 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Shelbie
My son counted 16 pairs of scissors in my sewing room just lately and he probably didn't find them all. My excuse is that I run a lot of workshops and teach 4-H and not everybody remembers or has the right tools for the job. I've always loved to cut right from the time I was five and gave my younger sister with the almost waist length curls a very short pixie cut!

I have never bothered to count mine, either for sewing or the rest of the house, NO ONE uses my sewing scissors, they have always been off limits. My two children knew that was a BIG NO NO when they were growing up if they bothered my sewing stuff.
So funny, I guess I was about the same way. When I was about 3 or 4, a HS student that I loved dearly played the piano at our Church. One Sunday, she came with a new short hair cut. My hair was really long, and mother always washed and curled it on long rollers every Sat.. Well that Sunday after Church, because Jan had a new hair cut I decided I needed one too. While mother was preparing lunch, I proceeded to cut my hair, only had one side cut when she caught me. What a mess. Bad part about it, my dad was lying on the bed watching me, (I was in their bedroom,) and didn't stop me. Mother asked him why he didn't stop me this is what he told her, "Well I was going to see if she would really do it" needless to say mother was mad at both of us.

grammysharon 02-17-2011 08:22 PM

I think I only have 8 pairs. Only three large ones. The rest small or embroidery scissors. :thumbup:

Judie 02-17-2011 10:56 PM

I have so many pair of scissors that I would be all day finding and counting them.. I've bought quite a few pair, (that's QUITE a few pair) plus I've been given some, and I've inherited many pair from my Mother, both of my grandmothers, and now a bunch more from my recently deceased MIL... I keep small ones in a shoe box, large ones in a basket, and then I have them in drawers, and in the cutting table, in work baskets.. all over the place!

dreamer2009 02-18-2011 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by caspoohbear
I buy more every time they're on sale.

Gorgeous Avatar :)

Joset 02-18-2011 08:46 AM

Oh my, i would have to say about 8 different kinds. two of them are gingher that get hid when i am not using them.

dreamer2009 02-18-2011 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Joset
Oh my, i would have to say about 8 different kinds. two of them are gingher that get hid when i am not using them.

I always hid mine around hubby and son...LOL

redvette54 02-18-2011 09:22 AM

Being, I'm a dog groomer, dozens priced from a dollar to $200 each.