Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   how many pairs of scissors (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-pairs-scissors-t100384.html)

brushandthimble 02-16-2011 07:13 PM

to many to count as I cann't find them all. I have a pair of gingher embroidery sissors that have been missing for a few years, LOL. Must be with a UFO I will come across some time.

dreamer2009 02-16-2011 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
GOsh I think you and NP3 have a scissor hoarding problem. LOL Seriously, I have a large bin in my sewing room with about 10-15 all sizes, 4-6 smaller embroidery scissors, and 15-12 rotary cutters, all sizes. I cut lots of kits use them all. I know someone on here collects them, it is in her avatar. So nice. I have never plurged on Ghinger. I want one when I grow up.

Oops, I just saw Scissorqueen above. That's the one I envy. LOL

OMGOSH~~~forgot about all my rotary cutters.
I get to count them also.

patchsamkim 02-16-2011 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Lori S
All I will admit to is ... ALOT!

I will say ditto to your answer!!!

sylviak 02-16-2011 07:38 PM

I have three large pair and 8-10 small ones. I worked in a hospital for years and I had a friend that worked in the emergency department. The little surgical kits they used contained a pair of small scissors that were "disposable" (and you wondered why medical costs were so outrageous?)and quite often they didn't get used. She would put the unused ones that were going to be tossed in her pocket and save them for me. Some are straight and some are curved. They are very sharp, stainless steel...and they make great sewing scissors. Now that I'm retired I may have to buy a few now and then!

DogHouseMom 02-16-2011 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
Ummmm, uhhhhhh, I don't actually know. There are somewhere around 80 to 90 pairs of scissors in this house but they're not all for sewing. I'd say at least 60 pairs are just for sewing.

Yeah, I've been jealously eyeing your avatar.

sewbizgirl 02-16-2011 08:44 PM

At least 10...

Annya 02-17-2011 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009
do you own for quilting / sewing.
I have so many Ginghers of all sizes and kinds.
Is that odd.

I have only 3 pair of scissors and an extra long pair I got as extra with my machine that one I do not use as I already have another long pair same reason.

Becky Crafts 02-17-2011 02:29 AM

I have my good Ginghers for cutting fabric, two rotary cutters big & small, my leather shears for cutting fake fur & the nippers I use most for sewing just to clip threads. Used to have a good pair of pinking shears, but DH got them when I was on the phone one day & decided they should be in "his" shop...never to be seen again! "I didn't take them"..knew I should have tripped him before he got out the door with them! LOL

19angel52 02-17-2011 02:49 AM

not odd at all....I have one pair of Ginghers....and about 10 pairs of other brand. Wish I had just stayed with the Ginghers. Aren't they the best scissors ever?!?!?!

magpiefeather 02-17-2011 03:05 AM

Ginghers are very nice. I have a handful of "good" scissors and a handful of scissors for everything else. I have some scrapbooking and 2 pinking, one for leather and one for fabric, and several rotary cutters of all kinds...but I only like the one! I can never find the scissors when I need them, they hide like bunnies while I sew!