Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How many Pincushions does it take... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-pincushions-does-take-t53424.html)

annette1952 07-08-2010 11:31 AM

I have 4 so I don't have to keep chasing after them

QuiltingGrannie 07-08-2010 11:37 AM

I have two (both I made) one by my sewing machine, one on my cutting table.
Then there is one that a co-worker made for me that moves from ironing board to sewing machine area.
Then there are two containers of basting pins that move to wherever I am putting a quilt together.

So that makes 5! And my sewing room is only about 10' x 8'! If I stand in the middle I can reach everywhere in one step or less! :D

QuiltingGrannie 07-08-2010 11:37 AM

I have two (both I made) one by my sewing machine, one on my cutting table.
Then there is one that a co-worker made for me that moves from ironing board to sewing machine area.
Then there are two containers of basting pins that move to wherever I am putting a quilt together.

So that makes 5! And my sewing room is only about 10' x 8'! If I stand in the middle I can reach everywhere in one step or less! :D

Leota 07-08-2010 11:47 AM

When I was doing my internship for apparel design, the designer/owner used old car radio speakers for holding the pins...I have two of those, a doll pin cushion that was a gift, plus two pin boxes...of course I use the top of the spool on the machine or ironing board if one's not available or I'm too busy/lazy to go fetch one of the others

feline fanatic 07-08-2010 11:56 AM

Wow, I guess I am pin cusion challenged. I only have two. One for my sewing room which I am constantly moving from place to place as I need it and one in my living room where I do my hand quilting. It has few pins in it and many needles.

ann clare 07-08-2010 12:00 PM

I have 2. One by the machine.

vjengels 07-08-2010 12:00 PM

Oh my,... I use one my mother had from the early 70's some one must've made it at school, or she bought it at a charity thing... I don't know, but it's made using 2 canning jar lids and purple cordaroy, stuffed with saw dust ( I think), taped together with masking tape that's covered with ribbon.... It works great, holds alot of pins

justwannaquilt 07-08-2010 12:06 PM

I don't use any at all, don't even have one in the house! I not only have three kids that would have hayday with a pin cushion but I also have two cats that would just love to get their mouths around a pin I am sure, exp. if I stuck one in there with thread in it! So I keep my pins in the container that they came in that I can put the lid back on. Its little and portable so I grab and go anywhere in the house I need to be!

Pineapple Princess 07-08-2010 12:41 PM

I only have on pincushion,but I normally have pins stuck around everywhere! The hem of my shirt, the ironing board, the chair cushion...

4dogs 07-08-2010 05:40 PM

I have a small cookies tin kinda thing for the safety pins, and an oval candy tin kinda thing for the straight ones...both sitting beside the machine; I also have a travel size ironing board (you know, those little ones) beside the machine, as I am a "press as you go" kind of sewer.