Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How Many Quilting Magazine Subscriptions? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-quilting-magazine-subscriptions-t208267.html)

ladydukes 12-12-2012 08:00 AM

How Many Quilting Magazine Subscriptions?

I'm curious - how many quilting magazines do you subscribe to, and which ones?

luvstoquilt 12-12-2012 08:08 AM

I used to get a lot but have narrowed it down to just McCalls. I look at others on the news stand and only buy the issues I want.

crafty pat 12-12-2012 08:22 AM

Fon's and Porters Love of quilting and Easy Quilts, The Quilter, Quilters Newsletter, Quilters World, Quilt, McCall's Quilting, Quilt Trends, and Quilt maker. I think there is another one but I can't think of it right now.

ckcowl 12-12-2012 08:50 AM

none- i let subscriptions run out a couple years ago- now when i shop i browse, pick up individual magazines when one catches my eye-has content i am interested in- i had too many magazines arriving that had nothing in them that i wanted to do, was interested in & found i like more of a variety instead of committing to one or two- there are so many out there to experience- i like to pick up different ones here & there.

Dragonomine 12-12-2012 09:17 AM

None and never have. Everything I need to know I can get on the internet. :)

auntpiggylpn 12-12-2012 09:22 AM

I used to subscribe to 4 different ones. I found that I looked through them a couple of times and then maybe use a pattern out of one. I then put them up on top of the book case and there they still are. I do browse magazines when I am out shopping and sometimes I will purchase one but not very often. Quilter's World was my favorite one and it is the only one that I hesitated in letting my subscription to lapse but alas, I bid it farewell also.

iwillquilt 12-12-2012 10:50 AM

Quilters Newsletter is my favorite! But I get Quilters World, McCalls and I just got a new one. Can't think of the name right now. Haven't looked at the first page yet so can't comment on it anyway. I love looking through them. But only get ideas. Rarely use a pattern from them. So many patterns in so many places to choose from.

quiltingcandy 12-12-2012 11:02 AM

I loved getting the magazine every other month but finally stopped renewing it - there are only so many patterns to save and never use. So I will look at the magazines at the Quilt Shops or grocery store or airport and if they have something worth reading I will buy it then.

dunster 12-12-2012 11:22 AM

I have kept my subscription to Quilters Newsletter Magazine even when I let the others expire, and I look forward to every issue. I also get the American Quilter with membership in AQS and subscribe to Machine Quilting Unlimited in hopes of learning more about longarming. I recently accepted a really cheap combined offer for McCalls Quilting and McCalls Quick Quilts but will let them expire if another cheap offer doesn't come along. Like other posters, I really hate it when it appears that the magazine is just selling fabric lines by offering the same old quilt patterns made with the latest fabrics.

quiltstringz 12-12-2012 11:23 AM

I quit subscribing also. Look at the ones in the store and if they have something that really interests me I will buy. Yes it is more that way but I have never found 1 magazine that I buy enough of to equal the subscription price