Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How many quilting projects do you have going at the same time? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-quilting-projects-do-you-have-going-same-time-t212724.html)

Peckish 02-12-2013 01:45 PM

Don't ask, don't tell. :D

KwiltyKahy 02-12-2013 03:43 PM

I'm afraid to count. Last month I started making a list of UFOs and planned projects so I could start charting my progress. Ha, the puter crashed. So now I just work on what calls to me today. I think my big problem is that I work best with a deadline and most of these don't have one. I'm a great starter and a bad finisher. AND I spend entirely too much time here.

Lara122 02-12-2013 04:29 PM

Oh wow - this *was* so much fun to read!

and again, i recognize myself!! I have three quilt tops finished, one that is actually basted, ready to quilt, but I do not know what to do!!! One that has it's back finished, but needs batting. yet another I just got batting for, but I don't know how to quilt it. It is a five-color rail fence, and has priority, currently. One that is just thirty minutes away from having it's hand-sewn binding finished. A top that just needs borders. A drawer of FQs for small tote bags, and the remnants from the last batch of tote bags are waiting to become bags, and tissue holders. I am currently sewing three nine patch blocks for a table runner, and I need to re-do a corner (mitered) so that I can finish up a basket-woven table topper. Let's not talk about my kindergarten quilt top that I ran out of fabric on; it is waiting for some sort of solution. or my design wall, covered in random kindergarten blocks. At least they are all in the same fabrics/colors. ugh!

Lara122 02-12-2013 04:30 PM

mom6 . . !!

I love this!!

:I seem to have the hardest time getting the actual quilting done, whether I'm doing it by hand or machine. If by hand, it just takes so long. And if by machine, I still don't have much confidence in my ability to make it look like I want it to. :

Peckish 02-12-2013 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by KwiltyKahy (Post 5857300)
Last month I started making a list of UFOs and planned projects so I could start charting my progress. Ha, the puter crashed.

See!?!?!? Your UFOs broke your computer!!! Reason enough for me not to count mine! :D

Barbshobbies 02-12-2013 07:21 PM

I have at least 7 baby blanket tops sewn together, and am having a hard time finding backing to match. I don`t get to fabric shops much in winter and when I order on the internet, I can`t seem to get the right color and of late when I order 5 or 6 different color I get 2 and they say they are out of the rest, but when I check it out, there it is in their inventory, at a higher price. praying for good driving weather soon.

DixieLee 02-14-2013 05:52 AM

I go on sprees. I will go on a cutting spree for a couple days. I right now have 4 projects all cut and in boxes ready to go when I get to them. Great if you are going to a retreat or a sewing day out. I usually only piece on one quilt at a time - once in a while two. Then when it is time to bind, I usually have a binding day and bind bind bind. I machine bind.

charsuewilson 02-14-2013 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by pyffer3 (Post 5831399)
:DJust curious...how many different quilting projects do you have going at the same time? I find myself wanting to start a new project every time I see something new (which is almost daily).
....start a cathedral window quilt (thinking of using dark purple for the background even though most everything I have looked at uses white or off-white, and then different patterned light purple/lavender for the windows). ....
Terina

What do you mean "going"? Do you mean actively working on, or do you include all the UFOs?

I have some UFOs, about 5 or so. But I try to finish one quilt before starting another. Well, I at least finish the top, and then maybe delay some finishing the sandwich, quilting, and binding, and I may start another then. I'm also tryiIng to have some handwork available all the time, so i did start a strip quilt on a muslin foundation. If I do a BOM, that I would work on with something else, at least until the blocks go together. And I'm in a block exchange for a postage stamp quilt, so I'm working a little on that, too. And I have to start a quilt for a wedding in a few months.

I will take a class in the middle of working on something else, or cut strips or pieces in advance for a retreat.

Sue

Becky Crafts 02-14-2013 09:56 AM

Let's see...there's the log cabin quilt that's been sitting over 14 yrs just waiting to be quilted, there's the Craftsy BOM from last year, the Paper Pieced Club's Mariner's Compass which I just received 6 new blocks for & paid for a 7th, there's the African Safari quilt I'm detailing now, I have a table runner to quilt, another to fix the binding on and I'm supposed to be starting Jinny Beyer's Moon Glow, but I have to make a quilt for my brother as well!! I think that's it! I don't count the ones I can't wait to try this year!!

Boston1954 02-14-2013 02:58 PM

Just curious...how many different quilting projects do you have going at the same time? I find myself wanting to start a new project every time I see something new---

Oh honey, that's me all over. It's also why I have so many UFO's. I have about 6 going right now, and wanting to start another two. Well, I look at it this way. My time my fun. If they don't get done by me, someone else will take over when I'm gone.