Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: How many quilting projects do you have going at the same time?

How many quilting projects do you have going at the same time?

Just curious...how many different quilting projects do you have going at the same time? I find myself wanting to start a new project every time I see something new (which is almost daily). I currently am working on binding a quilt (have machine sewn it on one side and am handstitching the other side). Almost done sewing a quilt top (currently approximately a 52 inch square - just gonna add another row or two to make it longer), have cut out squares and strips for a baby blanket, started sewing it until I found my blocks weren't matching up on either side of the strips between and had to take apart....just gonna start over, bought fabric for a wedding gift quilt for my sister, and seriously thinking of purchasing more fabric tomorrow to start a cathedral window quilt (thinking of using dark purple for the background even though most everything I have looked at uses white or off-white, and then different patterned light purple/lavender for the windows). Tonight I printed out the directions for the crazy heart February block of the month and already know that I want to continue the black/white theme I started with the January block. It seems all I think about is quilting, morning - noon - and in my dreams!! I feel like I have a disease and need medication. But, my husband is supportive and doesn't say "why don't you finish what you've started" when I say I want to buy more fabric. He just laughs everytime he sees a new package come to the house (love those deals of the day from Missouri Quilt Company!
    So, how many different projects are you working on?
    Terina

Terina,you made me laugh so much tonight. This is what I have felt like lately. I have made 4 quilts tops in the last 5 weeks and this is all I think about, morning, noon and in my dreams. I am going to Physical therapy because my neck and shoulder are bothering me. I know why but won't stop. It is very addicting and if I am not at the machine or cutting I am on this board. this is all I live for. I love Missouri Quilt Company's videos also. And the Quilting guild I belong to has teachers and instructions to get ready for next meeting. You could not have written your post any better. It is so funny and I can relate so well. My husband gets worried about me spending so much time in this room, I don't think of anything else. Are we crazy?
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

OMG, I have 4 of them in various stages of cutting, piecing and assembly. I just quilted three others today that now just need to be trimmed and bound. So my answer is 7. Ugh, I gotta get busy.
    ..)) -::-
    ​.... .))
    ((. .. -::-
    -::- ((.*
    Fabric choice can make all the difference. Be fearless.

I have 4 quilts waiting to be quilted. I am shooting for Monday to start that. I am making a turtle rag quilt now.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Ahhhh Suzanne, I didn't even think of those tutorials on Missouri Quilt. I have had itchy fingers just wanting to start the Serendipity quilt (2 quilts for the price of 1) and her pinwheel blocks....those look so easy her way!
    Stop, stop the madness here! I won't sleep a wink tonight now...just added two more that I forgot about! Plus, you would not believe the number of hours I spend reading this board.
    Now for the confession time.......I have only ever completed 1 quilt. My first quilt I finished in December (started last May) and was completely hand-sewn/quilted. After that I couldn't stop. I guess I am a planner (dreamer) not a finisher! But, I WILL finished a quilt this next week and will be posting pics too....so hold me to it!

Blog Entries
    Put me there with you!! I eat, sleep, dream quilts!! Trying to finish UFOs. The one I really want to work on needs a template and I'm out of plastic !! Lol. I have a top finished. One in my head, and one ready to cut out. I'm going crazy!!

The bacon use to have a piece of plastic in with the bacon and I have used that for the stiffness in the bottom of a purse I made. I don't think it is in the bacon package any more but you could use those cutting boards that come in a package.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamagal View Post
    Put me there with you!! I eat, sleep, dream quilts!! Trying to finish UFOs. The one I really want to work on needs a template and I'm out of plastic !! Lol. I have a top finished. One in my head, and one ready to cut out. I'm going crazy!!
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

Blog Entries
    35 but lots of them are completed tops that need to be quilted.

Blog Entries
    ha ha I am right there with you. I have not completed very many projects ever. I do this with every craft I am into. I have as many pieces of half done jewelry as I have started quilting projects.I make cards or I should say I get them planned and the materials cut and ready to finish but never finish a lot of them. I dabble in scrap booking but havent com[leted any books in a long time i spot a new yarn or interesting pattern so I obtain the materials start it but loose interest and arther has tooken up residence in my body so it is too hard to crochet for long. I have 3 new great great gradnd babies I did manage to complete a quilt for each of them and I have a grandson with a birthdaqqy on valentines day I absolutely have to finish his quilt been in progress over 2 years. I once had a friend that crafted with me all kinds of things she called me queenie because I would design and start something then as she put it leave the grunt work for her to do. lolI have promised myself all my grandkids would get a quilt this year Hope I can start and finish them they wikk be lap quilts My stepgrand daugghter sews with me she starts something and works on it untill its done before starting anything else I need to follow her example But that is just not me

Blog Entries
    Baby quilts x4 need binding, mak8ng bibs and burp pads to match, making apple core quilts 1 for the mom 1 for baby, t shirt quilt for daughter!

Power Poster
    Well I could list them but then I would have to think of them all and that would be depressing. I will just say ....several.

I'm not sure exactly how to put this................................I don't have time to count!
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Well, today, alone I quilted 2 small quilts, sandwiched a king size quilt and 2 lab size quilts, quilted another baby quilt and trimmed all three. Tomorrow I will be stitching names on 3 more baby quilts and hopefully binding the three I quilted today so for the moment I am working on 9 quilts. I have 4 more WIP's that need quilting (not including the 3 I just sandwiched) Hopefully I can get to those in the next couple of week. Many many more that are UFO's (those being projects I have not touched for over 4 months)
    I almost always have at least 4 or 5 quilts going at a time.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Well, let's see. There's the "birth"ed quilt on the sewing machine waiting for mahine quilting. There's the just finished baby quilt top hanging on the door waiting to be sandwiched. There's the sandwiched and basted stack and whack (years old!) partially (minimally) hand quilted waiting to be quilted and bound. There is the "bed in a bag" zippered plastic bag holding the many quilt tops begging to be made into quilts. And as someone earlier said, there are those in my head bursting to get out. It's as my signature says "One step at a time, always forward." That was my high school class of '58 motto. So I just press on. Good luck to all. This is what gives us purpose.
    One step at a time, always forward.

Your post made me laugh Pyffer3, because it sounds so familiar. When I was in the States last year I saw this cushion, and had to buy it:

Name:  250113 004.JPG
Views: 272
Size:  192.5 KB

I counted my UFOs and not-yet-started projects last week, and there were 32 of them! I'm a butterfly, moving from one pretty flower/quilt to the next. But I do need to have more than one on the go because of a tight budget: I sometimes have to put what I'm working on aside to wait till I can afford more thread/batting/fabric, and at those times it's good to have something else to pick up. But I probably don't need to have 31 others to choose from! I'm determined to focus on getting some of them finished this year.

I am currently working on a scrap quilt. But I have three or four quilt tops waiting to be quilted. I also have a lot of embroidered squares of various themes (Oriental, Alaskan, Sunbonnet Sue, Cowboy) all waiting to be made into quilts.

I have "kits" that I put together myself by setting aside the magazine or pattern and the specific fabrics I purchased for each quilt.

I really don't need to buy ANY more fabrics for a few years if I would only start working on what I have stashed away in my studio.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Oh my you guys are good!! I am so narrow minded I can only handle one project at a time!

Blog Entries
    I have a BOM in paper piecing, a baby quilt in the piecing stage, and an ongoing stained glass window paper piecing. I have 1 baby quilt sandwiched and ready for FMQ, a queen size garden maze and a 52 " x 52 " BOM both ready for sandwiching. A zillion ideas in my head and more fabric arriving daily. Thank goodness my husband understands. I do not start another quilt top when I have one on the go except for the BOM and stained glass and when I reach 5 items for FMQ - I stop and get them done!
    A bed without a quilt is like the night sky without stars.

http://californiaquilting.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Oh, can I join the club? I have several quilt tops that need quilting, however I'm working on a queen-sized quilt for our bed. The one we are using now is really for a double bed, and is too small for the both of us to cover up with comfortably. Then there's the QB BOM (crazy patch heart) that want need to start..haven't picked out fabrics for that one yet. And then there's the two lotto blocks for the quilting guild that I need to make. Looks like I better get off here and get busy!
    Pat H
    Carencro LA

I have a pile of quilts that need to be quilted( I ran out of batting so had to wait). I have the batting now and found myself making 3 more baby tops and quilting them and I still haven't touched the ones that are already done. I have many projects started, some I got bored with and some just got pushed to the side because something better came along...lol.
    enjoy your life...it's the only one you have!!!
    Heather

Blog Entries
    So now I have to go find bacon that has a plastic insert and while I'm out I'll stop at the LQS. Come home, cook the bacon now that it is open and start the new project I bought while I was out to get a piece of plastic for my last project.

EIEIO
    peace

(I don't eat bacon)
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

I have 4 "In Progress" right now. One I am quilting, one waiting to be quilting, one top I'm going back to (because it's too plain, and one top I'm currently piecing. PLUS, one that is in the planning stage.

Blog Entries
    I don't know and don't want to know, but I do have fun when I am cleaning (like today) and run across something I started and then stopped working on for some reason. It's almost like Christmas. Then I have many that need to be sandwiched and quilted, and a few that just need the binding, and the list goes on, and on, and on.

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I may incriminate myself.

You're not narrow minded - you're FOCUSED!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast