Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How many quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-quilts-t9581.html)

#1piecemaker 07-30-2008 07:09 AM

I thought it was a quilter's rule to always have 4 or 5 going at a time. This is what I tell my quilting gals any way. I have about 6 now and am going to start another. I is so cool when they all come together and you finish them all aboiut the same time. I love it. I hope God keeps my eyesight good and my fingers nimble and a long life so I can finish them all. I love it!

mamatobugboo 07-30-2008 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by CissyQuilts
...Then there are the projects in my mind. :mrgreen:

oh, were we counting those too?? Well, in that case, up my number to about 50 UFOs! Is there ever enough time to get our projects done?!

sewnsewer2 07-30-2008 09:30 AM

I tend to flip flop between different quilts because I get bored very easily if they aren't challanging enough.

quiltsRfun 07-30-2008 10:14 AM

I tend to flip flop between different quilts because I get bored very easily if they aren't challanging enough.
Same here. Or I put one aside if it's not coming together the way I want. Usually when I give it a rest for a while I have a whole new perspective when I come back.

kd124 07-30-2008 11:03 AM

I usually have at least 2 hanging around. I just finished 2 for the county fair. They have a charity section and all the quilts go to charity after the fair. Time to start that quilt for me.

minstrel 08-01-2008 05:58 AM

I usually only do one at a time also, otherwise, I just never seem to finish. Officially, as of about an hour ago, I have exactly NO (!) projects going because I just finished the queen bed quilt I've been working on for like, forever! Actually, I had set that one aside and it sat all sandwiched and waiting for me for over a year because I didn't want to hand quilt it and the size intimidated me for machine quilting. I did a Christmas wall quilt and a couple of quilted Christmas stockings in between. But I bit the bullet and actually finished the big one. Hooray! Now I have 5 other projects rumbling around in my head to do before Christmas. Decisions, decisions.... :lol:

bearpaw 08-01-2008 08:23 AM

Let's see. Right now I have two that are being hand quilted (I'm kind of slow at this), a log cabin that I started about 9 years ago (just a bunch of blocks in a box), and a block of the month (that has turned into a block of about 36 months). And many, many more in my head :mrgreen:

all4quilt 08-01-2008 08:42 AM

I really like to keep up n my projects, but some of them just get away from me! I think I'm caught up and then I find something I started a long time ago! LOL!!

Sometimes you just have to be in the mood to finish something. And sometimes I just can't wait to get started on a new idea before I forget what I was going to do!

Susan

babeegirl 08-01-2008 09:20 AM

Do the ones from 10 years ago count? I have some that I can't bear to part with but can't find time to finish :) My answer.....many.