Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How Many Quilts Will You Finish This Year? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-quilts-will-you-finish-year-t313122.html)

jmoore 11-17-2020 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 8433860)
It's not a competition. Be proud of what you've done. I didn't even have a hobby when I was working fulltime (unless you count looking after children and DH).

I agree wholeheartedly. When I was raising boys and working full time, the only thing I had time to sew was Halloween costumes and mending. Now that I am semi-retired, I feel I have earned my time to enjoy my hobby ... some years I finish and bind more quilts than others, it depends on the complexity of the projects. I had three labor intensive quilts this year but managed to finish about 6 crib quilts in addition.

WMUTeach 11-17-2020 04:53 AM

I am sneaking up on 50. Now that said, I have been furloughed from my teaching position at the local university because of Covid and I have time, all the time I want to sew. I have focused on finishing UFOs and plowing through my stash and scraps. I started in January with using some pre-cuts that are pretty but fell into the "why did I buy that" category. I am now trying to just quilt and bind all the tops hanging in my closet before the end of the year. Can I do this again in 2021? It certainly is possible but it is not a contest and who knows what will happen in the future.

My quilts are not some of the beauties that I see others on the board producing. I am not a tiny piece person nor am I a custom quilting person. I just love to use color and fabric to create joy and warmth for others.

pocoellie 11-17-2020 05:41 AM

Finishing has been my main thing this year, so I've finished 12. I was looking at a new pattern but then decided that I had plenty of ufo's, so I've been working on those, have 3 small table runners now basted and ready to quilt and also a bed sized quilt to quilt. I have 3 more to sandwich/baste/quilt, but am going to try to get some of these smaller projects.

zennia 11-17-2020 05:50 AM

Staying home 24 seven has made me a much better quilter. I have slowed down and really enjoyed sewing/quilting more because I had no deadlines. I have made several quilts, hand quilted two of them, knitted hats, scarves, and mittens for gifts. Keeping busy.

quiltingshorttimer 11-17-2020 03:15 PM

9 so far--about 3 are table toppers and 2 are lap quilts, rest bed quilts. But my job died in March and I resigned in July so home much more. I also finished up a couple that had been resting!

But I agree--not a competition. I have a friend that has made over 500 masks (no way for me! I did my share at the start, now it's just to replenish family's needs) and hence shes made few quilts.

Seems most of us have been hiding in our sewing areas working away like we're in a sweatshop, while others way to deal with the pandemic is to find ourselves lacking much motivation for some things and maybe switching to other activities like baking, etc. All so normal!

P-BurgKay 11-17-2020 03:27 PM

40 so far, plus 14 table toppers. But quilting is what I do, I am retired. My dear sweet hubby does the house work and dishes. I quilt, cook and do the laundry. I am so lucky. I have some wall hangings in the process now that I will finish before Christmas. With COVID this year, not much more to do, here in the middle of now where. I am not bragging but this is what I have done. At least half of the quilts were lap quilts.

Teen 11-17-2020 06:53 PM

Start to finish is 7 quilts. But I have 3 ready for the LA’er. I, typically, make more but many of the quilts this year were a little bit more detailed with applique etc. and I quilted 2 large quilts on my domestic so that took some time, too. I’ve made a ton of other stuff, tho..Many pillows, wall-hangings, gifts for family/friends.

origamigoldfish 11-17-2020 07:00 PM

I have finished one, one will be finished by next week, and I have one more that will likely at least be pieced, if not quilted by the end of the year. My duties at work have skyrocketed this year and I just don't have any free time to sit in front of the sewing machine. Next year will be better!

cashs_mom 11-17-2020 07:14 PM

If I get the 3 tops I've pieced in the last couple years and the Christmas tree quilt quilted, I'll have 4 finishes this year plus masks, scrub caps, a tunic and a pieced jacket, but I'm not betting I'll get any of the quilts except the Christmas tree one quilt and finished this year.

Jordan 11-18-2020 05:21 AM

Just a couple as I was on a roll making quilt tops and then stopped to make many masks for my DH and his employees. I have another one at the LA quilter right now.