Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How many of your husbands join in on your hobbies? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-your-husbands-join-your-hobbies-t220795.html)

Chasing Hawk 05-06-2013 12:26 PM

My husband takes me shopping wether I want to go or not..........LOL

He makes sure I have my Visa card, he opens the store door, shoves me in there. I am instructed to take no prisoners, shop till I drop and have a blast.

Debbie B 05-06-2013 12:33 PM

My husband doesn't quilt or craft, but he does encourage me. And will give me his honest opinion. I'll ask what he thinks of certain fabric combinations, if I should scallop a border or what he thinks about a certain pattern. Sometimes I take his advise & sometimes I don't. I can't imagine him quilting or sewing with his big hands...lol.

mimmy96 05-06-2013 01:05 PM

Some of posts have cracked me up!!! Sounds like a lot of you have encouraging spouses! I can not complain.. Mine has been very encouraging from the very beginning!!!!

grandjan 05-06-2013 02:16 PM

My husband is a sweet guy and we've been married for 49 years. He's supportive, loves to travel with me so he goes to the quilt shows with me and actually looks at the quilts (doesn't just sit in one of those spouse waiting rooms). He's interested, but not involved. He has no interest in sewing, nor would I particularly want him to have. I have a friend whose husband comes into her room, messes with her things, makes lots of "helpful" comments and generally gets underfoot. She hates it but is too kind to tell him so. I'm really happy with the situation I have

redvette54 05-06-2013 02:17 PM

My DH works 2 jobs, the second job at his family's farm. Most weekends, he even stays there. Needless to say, I'm alone alot. He seems to be glad I have something to take up my time. He does change the blade in my rotary cutter.

ckcowl 05-06-2013 02:19 PM

i only have one husband... :)
he shows interest, puts in his two cents worth once in a while-
my sons and nephew are very talented quilters- artists-photographers- so they are the ones to push me forward-challenge me & sometimes help me figure out something.

auntmag 05-06-2013 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by alikat110 (Post 6046399)
My husband watches from afar and offers words of praise when appropriate. I prefer him to have his own persuits.

My preference as well.

JoanPooley 05-06-2013 02:22 PM

Gosh aren't we all lucky! Mine is just wonderful, he repairs all the sewing machine for my quilting group that I go to, for a modest fee, as it is a hoppy for him. He repaired and set the quilting frame for the group and them prompty did his first quilting on a frame. Teaching me now, I ge a bit impatient lol. has a good eye for colour combinations, love the few qyuiltung shows that we can go to here in NZ. Fixes all types of machines from the treadle to the top end computer machines. Colects old and unwanted machines from garage salesa and tickles them into working order. Mind that when I have to share my cutting table! Now is thinking of creating a long arm machine from 2 identical older machines, did I mention he is an engineer? And can fix just about everything , if he can't fix it then it broke. Oh and he thinks I am beautiful and has loved ans still loves me for the past 30 years, is he a keeper or what!

Pickle 05-06-2013 02:39 PM

My husband does all my quilting and not with a long arm. He is very neat and does a great job . I was going to quit quilting because it is so expensive to have it quilted so he bought a pre owned Grace quilt frame and now he loves what he is doing except I cannot make quilts as fast as he gets them quilted/LOL

jeanharville 05-06-2013 05:09 PM

Mimmy, I'm happy for you that your husband is taking part in a hand project. My husband has just retired from being a cartoonist and I think he plans to try to learn painting. But I don't think he would ever engage in a craft that requires precision. I am a crafter who likes to follow a pattern and he is an artist who could never be bound by exact 1/4 inch anything or cutting 10s or 100s of exact shapes. He is an enabler and he is very supportive. One thing I've noticed on here, we all seem glad that we have our husbands :thumbup: