Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How many of your paper piece? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-your-paper-piece-t9325.html)

Flying_V_Goddess 07-21-2008 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by KellyPA
I was crushed last night when my mom told me that paper piecing is "cheating" and not real quilting :( I thought it was just another method. Maybe not as impressive as template piecing, but I'm having a great time with it!

"Not real quilting"? Last I checked paper piecing was just a way to help be more accurate and precise. And from the looks of it you're doing awesome.

CissyQuilts 07-21-2008 07:44 PM

I was crushed last night when my mom told me that paper piecing is "cheating" and not real quilting :( I thought it was just another method. Maybe not as impressive as template piecing, but I'm having a great time with it!

:!: WHAT???? I have never heard anyone say that before. Paper piecing is one of many techniques used to make a quilt. So is applique and patchwork!

zyxquilts 07-21-2008 07:55 PM

Sorry to tell you this, but your mom is wrong! Paper piecing is just another way or technique of piecing, nothing "cheating" about it!!! English paper piecing has been around since the 1800's - if that's not "real quilting" what is?

I'm looking forward to seeing the garden quilt together - your vegetables are wonderful :D And what about using fusible for your leopard's tail?

Remember, there is no cheating in quilting - just efficiency & techniques!
:D

tlrnhi 07-21-2008 08:16 PM

I love paper piecing.
ONce you start, you are hooked!!

adyldrop 07-21-2008 08:42 PM

I am a paper piecing lover!!

kinkajou 07-21-2008 09:24 PM

I have never tried but I am planning on try it soon. I want to make an alphabet quilt and all of the blocks are paper pieced.

I just read Shelly's great tutorial and learned a lot. Does anyone else know of a good online tutorial for paper piecing?

Quilt4u 07-22-2008 01:36 AM

Just got into it. I made a teddy bear. No pictures; some one needed it in a hurry.

FancyFoot 07-22-2008 01:56 AM

I'm a paper piecing addict :P :P :P

Quilting Aggi 07-22-2008 03:29 AM

Paper piecing is alot of fun!! I havent' done any in a few years now though, but one of these days I will get back into it again!

babeegirl 07-22-2008 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by Moonpi

I was crushed last night when my mom told me that paper piecing is "cheating" and not real quilting :( I thought it was just another method.

You are right. Mom's been listening to the Quilt Police.

It's not cheating. Paper piecing is just another technique.