Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How many of your quilts do you keep? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-your-quilts-do-you-keep-t187041.html)

Pat625 04-24-2012 08:55 AM

I have a quilt right now sitting in my room, that I made to keep..It is still folded on a chair as I actually feel guilty about keeping it!! I have made numerous quilts and all were given as gifts...I have an ugly Walmart special on my own bed...Definitely I am, certifiable!! I have 10 grandchildren of 13 still waiting for their quilts....Maybe one day I will decide to keep one...or might still keep the one I planned for myself..,LOL..until someone comes along and asks for it...

QuiltingCrazie 04-24-2012 09:01 AM

I have one hanging in the living room, the monsters have quilts and they still live here so that might count. i'm making one for our bed finally!!!

pacquilter 04-24-2012 09:43 AM

Out of the many I've made, I have 3 or 4 large ones and a few small ones that I've kept. Sometimes I make a quilt with someone specific in mind, but lots of times I just make quilts I like. Then I'll hold on to them until the "right person" comes along and you just know that's the quilt for them.

jcrow 04-24-2012 10:27 AM

I gave away all my quilts until I ran out of people to give them to. Everyone seemed to have 3 or 4 of my quilts. My husband has two and I have 3 completed quilts in my house. I still have a few that need binding and I'm thinking of keeping a couple of them. BUT...my favorite quilt in the whole world is the quilt my sister made for me before she died at age 53. She taught me to quilt and I asked her to make me one someday. After she died, I was going through her quilting stuff and found the quilt top (she had shown me the fabric so I knew it was mine). I was so happy. Her good friend quilted it and another bound it for me so I did none of the work. Anyway, that's my favorite quilt and it hangs over my loveseat. Won't ever use it. Too precious.

Shelbie 04-24-2012 10:28 AM

I quilted a long time before I had a quilt for our bed. Most of mine are given away as soon as they are finished. Lately I have had a little more time to quilt and I actually have a small pile of finished quilts that haven't been claimed yet. I have one quilt I made on our bed and even a spare one. Make sure you keep some for yourself.

JudyTheSewer 04-24-2012 11:10 AM

I give all of my quilts away. They are made for a particular person and I hand embroider the "label" information prior to quilting it. I don't have room for any more "stuff" so I don't want any at my house. I need all of my rooms for fabric, sewing machines, notions, etc.. HaHa

babyfireo4 04-24-2012 11:44 AM

I haven't kept any! We have 2 finished quilts in our house that say.... one is my sons the other is my husbands :) It's funny since I'm not "allowed" to use either, my guys are protective of their special items :P

mhansen6 04-24-2012 11:50 AM

I have made numerous quilts and I have kept only 3. There is one at the quilters that I am going to keep also. I do really enjoy giving my quilts away. I only give to those I know will appreciate them. I have also made several Quilts for Kids and two Quilts of Valor.

MadQuilter 04-24-2012 12:05 PM

I kept 3. One was my quilt to start with, the other belongs to DH. Number 3 had a bleeding problem and became unworthy of gifting. The other 15 or so have gone to good homes. And our bed doesn't have a quilt yet either.

CoalTownQuilter 04-24-2012 12:12 PM

I too am guilty! I've made several and only have a table runner for myself! I have big plans to have several on hand "some day" for the changing seasons. Eventually, I'll get there. I just enjoy seeing the look on the recipient's face when presented a special quilt that they had no clue was being made for them!