Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How many of your quilts do you keep? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-your-quilts-do-you-keep-t187041.html)

sylviak 04-24-2012 05:28 PM

The only quilts I have kept are lap size. I keep saying I need to keep a larger one for the house, but I have trouble staying ahead of the grandkids! There is a top hanging over my LA in the shed that I have designated to keep, but if I get in a bind with a graduation or wedding, it will be gone!

roseirish48 04-24-2012 05:49 PM

There is the quilt i made my ds,my db and one for my dd. plus the kitty's quilt, a baby quilt of my ds have saved for whenever he might become a daddy, and the last quilt i helped my dd make for a friend that still needs the clipping of the seam allowances to make it a rag quilt. I have a couple tops done that need backs and some hand sewn grandma flower garden blocks waiting to be put in a quilt for my bed. all other tops have found homes with friends,co-workers,relatives or were made for local church group for charity .

Rose L 04-24-2012 05:59 PM

I have given all of mine away, with pleasure.

#1piecemaker 04-24-2012 06:02 PM

I lost track a long time ago. I've got some. I've given some as gifts and I've sold some. There are some that I'll never part with. And, there are some that I can't give away! hehehehe!

valleyquiltermo 04-24-2012 06:03 PM

Most of mine go somewhere else to live, family, charity, sold, but I have made myself a few also.

jillnjo 04-24-2012 06:15 PM

I actually have several quilts that I made and kept! I enjoy touching them and looking at them from time to time. I have gifted many, too, but most of them would not be bed size. If I have put many hours into a quilt such as the Farmer's Wife quilt which has tons of small blocks, I won't give it away, except to my children in the future. Cotton really shows wear when it is loved and used and washed a lot and I do that with most of mine, yet I have to hang on to and baby certain ones. I admit, I'll probably end up with stacks of quilts and gift them to my sweet grands when I'm old(er)!!

auntpiggylpn 04-24-2012 06:25 PM

I am with you Lori. I have never kept a single one of the quilts that I have made. Nor have I ever kept any quilted wallhangings, pot holders, totebags, nook covers etc either! (oops, I did make myself a quilted purse. It is ratty and tattered and now just hangs in the closet as I haven't made a new one to replace it!) There is always a reason to give it to someone or an occasion that is being celebrated. I did make a promise to myself that I will make a quilt just for me and I have purchased the fabric and have the pattern printed out. Now, if I could just get this darn school thing out of the way, I will have a wonderful quilt to snuggle under!!

kathdavis 04-24-2012 06:33 PM

About 50% go and 50% stay. I've lost track of how many quilts already and I've only been quilting for less than four years.

An Arm Long 04-25-2012 07:04 AM

I've kept 4 - 2 wall hangings and 2 throws. All the rest have been gifted to family and charity. Now I am working on a tablecloth and an applique quilt for our bed. Then I think I will have enough!

Pam Riggs 04-25-2012 07:15 AM

I have made over 20 quilts in the past 10 years and not kept a single one. I have sold 3 and gave the rest to family members. I keep thinking that I will make one for myself, but ... oh well, I love to be on the giving end, rather than receiving end. Makes my heart feel good.