Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How much fabric do you really have??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-much-fabric-do-you-really-have-t111737.html)

raggedyann 03-31-2011 09:18 PM

good for you!!! enjoy it!

ssgramma 04-01-2011 11:33 AM

Thanks! DH heard this and took me shopping! Hancock sale 29.5 yards and a couple more yards over at Walmart.

Now I have in the neighborhood of 150 :-)

Oh - and 1 tiny kit for a 12" mini LOL

betlinsmom 04-01-2011 02:03 PM

That is wonderful and the most SANE thing to do that ever I see!!! I dont think it is just the fabric, actually , i think the fabric is just our chosen medium...It is merely the vehicle that we use to create what our hearts see!!

msquiltalot 04-30-2011 05:24 PM

I'm both happy and embarrassed to report that my fabric is now in double digits -10,000 yards and counting. I hope to live a long, long time and stay healthy enough to quilt so I can make an appreciable dent in my "inventory". My friends tell me I can't call it stash anymore.
I've recently retired so buying indiscriminately is no longer possible. That's soooo depressing. I don't buy like I used to, but I'd still have to live at least two lifetimes to use it all.
I love fabric as much as I love quilting.

pollyjvan9 05-01-2011 05:05 AM

I don't know how to figure out how much fabric I have. I started out counting fat quarters, lost count, just too many pieces to unfold and measure. I try to keep my fabric purchases to $50 to $100 per month, but am running out of a place to put everything. I like have a large stash so that when the mood strikes to make something I don't have to run to the fabric shop.

bearisgray 05-01-2011 05:19 AM

Not going to say - but my buying did get out of hand - and it is/was an ADDICTION - in the same category as a junkie in that if I didn't get more now and then, I'd get antsy and would sneak stuff in when I purchased more.

mshollysd 05-01-2011 05:26 AM

My name is Holly and I am an addict!!!!! and I have to catch myself buying more. It was between my new husband and my fabric and I chose the DH. We ended up selling alot of my fabric on ebay and cleaning out the things I hadn't used in a long time. I still have quilting fabric now, but not a 12 x 65 foot mobile home as my craft shed. My sewing room is now a 12 x 12 room now. I appreciate NOW, but not at the time that we got rid of a lot of fabric that I didn't need but I still miss having all the stash. It is truly an addiction and I have to really need any fabric to buy more. Thanks for listening.

deedum 05-01-2011 06:11 AM

It is terribly addicting! I was spending $150-200 a month easy. I have slowed way down and now I limit myself to $75.00 a month, building a quilting fund account, trying to not spend it all and keep it for next month funds. I have been organizing my closet and decided I could get overwhelmed if I had too much fabric. Is there even such a thing? I am only buying now when it is 30,40 or 50% off or better. Trying to be smarter about it all. I got myself into a quilt project now that is consuming my time and I am staying out of the stores so far this month.