Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How much should I buy? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-much-should-i-buy-t36308.html)

susiequilt 02-08-2010 09:46 AM

I hope it is still there when you get back! What a great price if it is quality fabric!

knlsmith 02-08-2010 10:06 AM

Boy! For only 3 Months quilting, you sound like an old pro!! ROFL

When the fabric speaks you know you are a true quilter! :thumbup:

no1jan 02-08-2010 11:30 AM

Well I bought 4 yards of that material, plus I found one with blue flowers that I bought another 4 yards.

Then I saw to very neutral pieces under a small pile so bought what was left of them. About 2 yards each.

I then stopped at a quilt shop and bought a couple of stencils and thread, and a new pair of scissors.

Had a great day an DH was wonderful. Never complained and actually pointed out a coupld of things!

I should have plenty to do, plus next week start a class and we make a project there.

I have been looking at patterns and I think I have one in mind for the flower material. Very light, very delicate looking. Plus I might hand quilt the center blocks (the flowers) as I purchased hoops on Craigslist 5 for $20.00. They are all over 18 inches large. Thought that was a great deal also.

Boston1954 02-08-2010 11:37 AM

When I first started quilting in 1992, I would get a quarter of a yard. Well, I now have a very big variety, but not much of any one print. Last year I made the decision that there would be no more quarters, no matter how tempting. I now get two yards. I may even go up to three soon.

knlsmith 02-08-2010 11:41 AM

Sounds like you had an AWESOME trip! You, I, and lot of others here are lucky enough to have a DH that will go with us and even help!

I call my daughter and hubby my Design Team!

Congrats on your super haul today!! :) :) :) :) :)

Jim's Gem 02-08-2010 02:30 PM

At that price, if I like it and think I can use it again, I would buy the rest of the bolt.
Then you have it for a back or two or at least several projects. Make sure it is a good quality fabric, not too loose a weave.

jamsbuying 02-08-2010 02:33 PM

I have found that however much I buy, 'tis never enough!!! I'm always sorry I didn't buy more.

beachlady 02-08-2010 05:14 PM

Glad you went back and bought it. That certainly was a good price.

KarenBarnes 02-09-2010 10:00 AM

If you dreamed about it you must have really liked it! I say if you can afford it get what's left! The sales people prefer to finish a bolt rather than put it back! At least that's what I tell myself when I find a piece I really like! :) I find there is always something I can do with a pretty piece!

locoruner 02-09-2010 03:50 PM

I am also new to quilting and was just wondering the same thing!! I went to Joann's this weekend and found some really pretty blue and yellow. I bought 3 yards of each one. So I guess I did well.