Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How much time daily do you spend on Quilting Board? and what do you look at first? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-much-time-daily-do-you-spend-quilting-board-what-do-you-look-first-t205961.html)

lizzy 11-14-2012 06:56 AM

How much time daily do you spend on Quilting Board? and what do you look at first?

Quilting Board is my first stop on the internet and I have to tell myself, ok, time to stop and do something else. I love this site and it offers so much to me in every topic. I do love the tutorials and that is what I look at first, then pictures of quilts, next, items for sale. From then on, I go to whatever catches my eye. Thanks to all the contributors and people who make this such an enjoyable site to visit. Now, I really should stop and take my dogs out. I do spend at least 2 hours during the course of the day on Quilting Board.

carslo 11-14-2012 07:04 AM

I have my morning coffee with everyone here at QB, I always stop at what is for sale, then to main and then to pictures. Anything else I look at is because a caption catches my eye. Likely around an hour throughout the day!

Gail B 11-14-2012 07:09 AM

I grab a coffee as soon as I get up & turn on the computer. I spend 1 1/2-2 hours on QB. I check out the main section first, then pictures, then I poke around at the other topics. Thank goodness we are retired so time doesn't really matter as long a I remember to feed the dog & let her out.

pollyjvan9 11-14-2012 07:14 AM

I take my GGS to a mothers day out program at 9:30, so I sit down at the computer, go to Facebook first to see what my family is doing, and then to the QB. I go to either Main or Pictures, doesn't make any difference which one, and start down the line. Some mornings I post a lot, some not so much. After I get back home I stop several times during the day when I need to take a break to loosen up the old neck and shoulders...sometimes go way back to see if I missed anything. Probably about an hour to two hours a day.

Silver Needle 11-14-2012 07:18 AM

I take my iPad to bed with me and read and answer the posts until I'm ready to fall asleep. Since I have insomnia, we're talking 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Then sometimes I will read while I have my morning coffee. I always read main and usually vintage. I don't often look at the picture page. Everything there looks so fabulous I get intimidated for my own work, which I'm told is quite good. I just never feel what I've done is perfect enough!

QuiltnNan 11-14-2012 07:20 AM

i am on the board for a few hours in the morning and quite often throughout the day. i start with Main, then Pictures, then GCC. eventually, i hit all the forums. i like to use Archives so that i don't miss any.

lizzy 11-14-2012 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Gail B (Post 5656148)
I grab a coffee as soon as I get up & turn on the computer. I spend 1 1/2-2 hours on QB. I check out the main section first, then pictures, then I poke around at the other topics. Thank goodness we are retired so time doesn't really matter as long a I remember to feed the dog & let her out.

Gail B, you and I could get together. We start off our day the same way. Have to have my coffee while I enjoy the Board. My dogs let me know when it is time to stretch those old legs. Love retirement.

mawluv 11-14-2012 07:28 AM

Around 3+ hours each day!

Murphy1 11-14-2012 07:51 AM

Sitting in the living room looking out two windows, drinking a cup of coffee and exploring QB is a most wonderful way to start the day as a retiree. I have learned so much here and been inspired by all the lovely quilts shared by such wonderful quilters. I start with the main, then explore pictures and often check out the recipes. I even met a few QB ers that live near by and we get together occasionally throughout the year. Yes, this is my first stop in the morning and I gaze at the clock and try to keep it to 1 1/2 hours, but occasionally I peek back during the day. Good Morning to all.

Tartan 11-14-2012 07:51 AM

First thing in the morning with my cup of tea. I check back on the Ipad as I take breaks during my sewing projects I'm working on. I spend about an hour before bed at night.