Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How much time a day do you spending quilting? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-much-time-day-do-you-spending-quilting-t151324.html)

0tis 09-08-2011 07:59 AM

I am in my sewing room every day. I am semi-retired and i am trying to make a few bucks with my quilting to offset my fabric addiction. So i am in there 6-8 hours a day and i love it.

ckcowl 09-08-2011 09:31 AM

i do hand work during the day at work when i can- and sew (either quilting or piecing) when i get home from work until time to fix dinner (so- if dinner is a quicky i can sew longer than if it's an involved meal)
then after cleaning up the kitchen after dinner i go back in and sew until bedtime- unless there's a baseball game on i want to watch- then i sit on the couch and work on hand projects again.
so- when i'm not working- eating or sleeping- i am sewing/quilting. on the weekends i sometimes get 6-8 hours a day in...sometimes too much life is going on and i don't get to sew at all.

Raggiemom 09-08-2011 09:36 AM

Depends on the day and my mood. Some days I quilt several hours but will go a couple weeks at a time without touching my machines. I do usually feel better and more productive when I go in my sewing room and do something.

mpspeedy 09-08-2011 09:43 AM

I am retired on DI because of a rare autoimmune disease. I probably average over a weeks time at least 3 hours a day sewing or quilting. That includes handwork while watching TV and the 1 1/2 hours a week I spend handquilting at our local Senior Center. I make about 20 simple childrens quilts for the Linus Project a month. I have someone who comes in every three weeks and does my heavy cleaning. I only have to do laundry for my husband and I. We eat out friday night and all day saturday and sunday so I only cook 4 nights a week. I manage to read three or four novels a week and have joined Curves where I try and workout 30 minutes three times a week. My children and grandchildren live at least an hour away in several different directions so we don't see a lot of them. I manage to have lunch with some of my quilting friends at least every other week. I belong to two guilds which meet once a month. I am fortuneate to be able to call myself a Domestic Goddess.

fabric_fancy 09-08-2011 09:46 AM

6 hours a day 5 days a week

i do it for a living so i treat it just as i would a full time job.

Chicca 09-08-2011 09:53 AM

Each day is different! Sometimes a few minutes to as long as a whole day. Quilting is an adventure for me and such an important way to relax and expand. Interesting reading every ones comments, so thank you for starting the topic.

ontheriver 09-08-2011 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by bluteddi
1-8 hrs ( however, i am retired)

Same here.

Buckeye Rose 09-08-2011 10:46 AM

as much time as I can get away with! DH fusses if I am in the sewing room too much, so I do have to take breaks and come and sit with him in the living room. DH is disabled and I am not working so I do have lots of time (on a good day where there aren't errands or housecleaning to get done) to work on my quilting projects. Am working on a bargello now....4 rows done, 60 to go!

maryel 09-08-2011 11:18 AM

As much as I can! But somedays, none at all and others, all day {off and on}. And I hear you when you say that you "feel so much better" when you get to sew a little. When I go into my sewing room and create and sew, I just {forget about life and all the stuff} and just relax and totally enjoy myself.

LadyElisabeth 09-08-2011 11:19 AM

NOT ENOUGH to make me happy.