Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   how much time (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-much-time-t108900.html)

olebat 03-20-2011 02:24 AM

Math is not my strong point, I can't even average how much time I spend sewing. A lot depends of the erratic schedule of everyone living in the house. Our exchange daughter resides in the room adjacent to my primary sewing room. She is a university senior, majoring in International Relations, Phi Kappa Phi, studies hard. I want to respect her need to concentrate, so avoid sewing in times when she is sleeping or studying. Hubby works swing shifts, and that puts the machines in the vintage room out of service, as they are next to our bedroom. Unless I have a project on the long arm, which is in my office on the lower level of the house, my early mornings and late nights are here on the computer. I write, design, or read about quilting. By the time they get up, I'm on the sofa for my morning nap. LOL When I'm home alone, it's sewing non stop. Then, I have MY life too. Retirement was something I left behind with my Army career over 25 years ago. Now, as the 4-H lady, I'm always on the go. I enjoy working with the kids, teaching them to cook, sew, craft, enjoy the out-of-doors, and how to prepare for their future independent lives as functional citizens. Sew when I can squeeze it in.

MerryQuilter 03-20-2011 03:42 AM

Also work full time but, do take some time most days if not to quilt to visit my fabric.

Vat 03-20-2011 04:19 AM

I sew/quilt everyday, I too am retired, it's wonderful. But we really stay busy, with both mothers in assisted living we spend lots of time back and forth checking on our mothers and to doctors' appointments etc. etc. I don't how we had time to work. Just better planning I guess. We have been married for almost 42 years and no, I don't feel guilty. I do plan hand work for most evening when we watch TV. But he watches lots of TV, if I visited with him while he is watching TV I'd NEVER get ANYTHING/SEWING done. HA HA

michelehuston 03-20-2011 04:22 AM

I try to do something every day, even if only for 15 minutes. Am on break between quarters so make sure I do several hours a day!!(lost my job, so decided I needed something new, so went to college and surprisingly, a lot of ppeople my age are doing the same thing!! :))

ontheriver 03-20-2011 04:49 AM

I am also retired, DH passed away several years ago, it is just me and 11 yr. GS who is in school all day, so I can be in my sewing room all day every day if I choose.

charley1 03-20-2011 05:24 AM

I have a couple of things going right now but nothing finished

Linda1 03-20-2011 05:39 AM

I could quilt all day if I want to since I am retired. Usually it is 2 to 3 hours a day. I stay on this computer way too much.

mhansen6 03-20-2011 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
Not enough!

Amen to that

EagarBeez 03-20-2011 05:46 AM

I don't have any set time frame, usually when I don't have anything planned or between laundry or something. Hard to say but, I do try to do a little each day

#1piecemaker 03-20-2011 05:55 AM

Here lately, I've been getting nothing done. The seasons are changing. I've been cooped up. Gotta spend a little time outside.