Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   how often do you clean your sewing room? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-often-do-you-clean-your-sewing-room-t277989.html)

QuiltnLady1 04-23-2016 12:56 PM

Hmmm.... When I can't stand it any more.. Actually, I TRY to straighten things after every project but since I tend to start one project in the middle of another, but that means I don't actually have an end of project. So I go back to the first sentence -- when I can't stand it any more. My room is pretty small and I have a low mess tolerance so I clean about once every 6 weeks.

ckcowl 04-23-2016 01:15 PM

Between each project

rryder 04-23-2016 01:56 PM

Cleaning-- a couple of times a year when the dust bunnies get too aggressive.

Straightening up- depends. I tend to try and keep my work surfaces somewhat clear since I have a very small sewing space in the doorway between our guest bedroom and my office, but I'm not very good at it :D

Rob

CookieZenmilk 04-23-2016 02:20 PM

how often do i clean my sewing machine? uh unless it's smoking, never. when i change the bobbin, i blow out the dust but other than that, i've never cleaned it, and it's still stitching fine.

QuiltingHaven 04-23-2016 02:31 PM

Hey Prissnboot,
I am with you. I have a tendency to do the same thing. I have to straighten up the area, clean the sewing machine of choice for this project, run the sweeper and put everything back where it belongs. Things have a way of running away while I am in the throws of piecing, cutting, ironing, and quilting. Everything goes back where it should be and that makes me feel really good. Then, I can take a deep breath and get going on the next project.

sewingsuz 04-23-2016 03:29 PM

I do clean up after each project, But it seems I am always looking for something I misplaced. I have patterns I printed out plus patterns I bought in a package. I made two purses a couple weeks ago and can't find the one pattern. I make a lot of other things besides quilts and it is a choir to keep everything straighten up. I try the best I can.

quiltsRfun 04-23-2016 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by moonrise (Post 7530909)
We're supposed to clean??? :shock:

:D :D :D

I too was unaware of this. :D

judy363905 04-23-2016 04:04 PM

I clean every 4th bobbin I change or every month which ever comes first :)

Judy in Phx, AZ

Sandra in Minnesota 04-23-2016 04:50 PM

I usually clean my machine of dust and stuff after every "big" project. Also change the needle, and put away everything, and start all over again!

Becky's Crafts 04-23-2016 05:08 PM

I have only the corner of the room beside & behind my recliner for a sewing room & it's right in the living area so everyone sees it when they walk in. My machine sits in a table directly in front of my recliner. I take care of things & keep things orderly as soon as I'm done with them to keep things neat. I work from a cookie sheet or a tub. Sometimes both. Easily moved and put away. My machine gets a thorough cleaning once or twice a week with light cleanings in between that.