Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How are you dressed? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-you-dressed-t211368.html)

DOTTYMO 01-19-2013 12:19 AM

How are you dressed?

When you quilt at home do you like me have quilting clothes,? Easy to wear and sloppy. When I go to a class much smarter but for some reason if I wear blue my quilting is also blue. Do you colour match with you quilts when at classes. I have noticed this happens a great deal as well as groups of quilters who meet regularly wear the same colour. All this is done subconsciously . So exciting. Sloppy Joe today brown tee shirt grey track spilt bottoms with fleece lining, brown socks only because it is snowing and below 0. Quilting is reverse applique in white and turquoise.

patricej 01-19-2013 12:21 AM

at the moment ... pajamas. :)

AnnieH 01-19-2013 01:13 AM

Same as Patrice at the moment. I wear jeans most of the time but that's probably because I used to have to be suited and booted for work and now I'm blissfully retired I can be casual.
Annie

katesnanna 01-19-2013 01:21 AM

Shorts and T Shirt, no shoes. AC is still going and it's almost 7.30PM. We had 35 degrees Celsius today.

ckcowl 01-19-2013 02:12 AM

when i go to the next guild meeting i will have to pay attention to what the group (as a whole) is wearing---i've noticed individuals- some with great quilted items-vests, skirts, ect...but had not really paid attention to (color coordination) associated with the quilting activity- will have to check this out- at home i am often (in the mornings in sweats, jeans & sweat shirts in the afternoon) always stocking or slippered feet. last week a went to sewing group with my big ole clunky winter boots on....found it quite difficult to sew with those boots on- :D--i find it difficult to drive with them on too---looking forward to March/April when i can put the boots away again!

Wendys Quilts 01-19-2013 02:36 AM

currently wearing footed pjs lol....but wear jeans and a tshirt and tennis shoes. I like to wear my tennis shoes because I keep my ironing board in the kitchen and my sewing room is on our porch. I use ironing time to get some much needed exercise in my day! Lol

GailG 01-19-2013 02:43 AM

At this moment: PJ's and socks. In the morning, I always dress for whatever it is that I'll do that day. (And I have a "thread check" if I have to get out of the house for anything. So if I'm going to guild, grocery shopping, etc, it's semi-casual (whatever that is?), if I'm staying home it's jeans, t-shirt, and socks. I always kick the shoes off to sew, so socks is the order of the day. Sunday is the only day that I dress for church in the morning and then dress down for the rest of the day.

knlsmith 01-19-2013 02:58 AM

Jammies and bedhead. LOL Almost always.

I clean up when I leave the house, but my hubby always seems to find a thread sticking on my somewhere. :P

all4flors 01-19-2013 03:07 AM

PJ's most of the time. If I quilt later in the day shorts and a big baggy t-shirt. My machine doesn't mind how I look!

117becca 01-19-2013 03:17 AM

During the school year, when I come home, I just get into my jammies, so, I tend to quilt in my jammies and big fluffy bathrobe. During the summer, it's shorts and t-shirt. Comfy as comfy can be!

Right now - jammies and fluffy bath robe and fluffy slippers!