Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: How are you dressed?

Blog Entries

How are you dressed?

When you quilt at home do you like me have quilting clothes,? Easy to wear and sloppy. When I go to a class much smarter but for some reason if I wear blue my quilting is also blue. Do you colour match with you quilts when at classes. I have noticed this happens a great deal as well as groups of quilters who meet regularly wear the same colour. All this is done subconsciously . So exciting. Sloppy Joe today brown tee shirt grey track spilt bottoms with fleece lining, brown socks only because it is snowing and below 0. Quilting is reverse applique in white and turquoise.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Same as Patrice at the moment. I wear jeans most of the time but that's probably because I used to have to be suited and booted for work and now I'm blissfully retired I can be casual.
    Annie

Blog Entries
    Shorts and T Shirt, no shoes. AC is still going and it's almost 7.30PM. We had 35 degrees Celsius today.

Blog Entries
    when i go to the next guild meeting i will have to pay attention to what the group (as a whole) is wearing---i've noticed individuals- some with great quilted items-vests, skirts, ect...but had not really paid attention to (color coordination) associated with the quilting activity- will have to check this out- at home i am often (in the mornings in sweats, jeans & sweat shirts in the afternoon) always stocking or slippered feet. last week a went to sewing group with my big ole clunky winter boots on....found it quite difficult to sew with those boots on- --i find it difficult to drive with them on too---looking forward to March/April when i can put the boots away again!
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Blog Entries
    currently wearing footed pjs lol....but wear jeans and a tshirt and tennis shoes. I like to wear my tennis shoes because I keep my ironing board in the kitchen and my sewing room is on our porch. I use ironing time to get some much needed exercise in my day! Lol

At this moment: PJ's and socks. In the morning, I always dress for whatever it is that I'll do that day. (And I have a "thread check" if I have to get out of the house for anything. So if I'm going to guild, grocery shopping, etc, it's semi-casual (whatever that is?), if I'm staying home it's jeans, t-shirt, and socks. I always kick the shoes off to sew, so socks is the order of the day. Sunday is the only day that I dress for church in the morning and then dress down for the rest of the day.
    One step at a time, always forward.

Jammies and bedhead. LOL Almost always.

I clean up when I leave the house, but my hubby always seems to find a thread sticking on my somewhere. :P

PJ's most of the time. If I quilt later in the day shorts and a big baggy t-shirt. My machine doesn't mind how I look!

During the school year, when I come home, I just get into my jammies, so, I tend to quilt in my jammies and big fluffy bathrobe. During the summer, it's shorts and t-shirt. Comfy as comfy can be!

Right now - jammies and fluffy bath robe and fluffy slippers!
    my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)

Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post
    at the moment ... pajamas.
    Me too but mine are cotton nighties, I wear them all the time at home for comfort due to a tummy problem but most of all because of THREADS! My ordinary clothes get covered with thread bits and even with the help of a lint roller it is so hard to get rid of all the bits. At our Patchwork group last Wednesday the ladies had a good laugh at me as I had a black pure wool jumper on, after a short time it looked as tho' I had been snowed on

Sweats and tennies.
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

At home I wear sweatpants and a sweatshirt. I'm going quilting today and will check out everyone's outfits to see if they're matching. haha
    Miz Kyp aka Margie

Im retired also. I wear my jeans and a shirt, hot weather, its capri's and sleeveless top. I never wear shoes in my house, socks in winter and barefoot in summer. I hate shoes!!

Sweats and mocasins (sp?) are the preferred dress around here. They're warm and comfy. If I have to go out, jeans, sweater and walking shoes. I change back into sweats when I get home from work. I'm usually cold, so I can keep the heat set lower when I have my sweats on. Shorts and T-shirt during the summer.

Blog Entries
    My home attire is sweats and sweatshirt. I was suited and booted (love that phrase) for decades, and even my dress casual is more casual. Classes I wear jeans (when I can fit into them), and a nice top in the cooler weather, summer, I wear capris and a tee shirt, and flip flops.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Same as Patrice at the moment. I wear jeans most of the time but that's probably because I used to have to be suited and booted for work and now I'm blissfully retired I can be casual.
    Annie
    If life gives you lemons, make a margarita.

I dress casually and comfortably when at home and when I am sewing.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

When I am sewing/quilting at home I wear my "quilting outfit" (according to the kids!). This is a very thin, lightweight top (cotton/lycra mix) which is very loose and baggy, over very lightweight leggings with a very loose elasticated waist. Thanks to Primark, this outfit is cheap as chips, and I don't feel guilty if it falls apart!.

It lets me move around and bend properly if I have to use the floor for laying stuff out/cutting. I also wear a pair of cotton "slippers" which I made from a pattern free on the internet. They are lightweight but protect my feet from the worst of the pins! I have a pair of baggy jogging bottoms (sweat pants) that go over the top of the leggings if I am cold in the nether regions, and likewise an old baggy fleece top if I am chilly further up.
    W.C. Fields

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it.

I wear sweatpants and sweatshirts in the winter at home. In warm weather I wesr those work out capris and flip flops. If I go to a sit n sew for the guild I'll wear jeans or a "dressy" sweats outfit. I'm retired, don't care how I look at home, don't put on make up unless DH & I are going out for dinner. After years of having to be professionally dressed I'm into comfort now.

I would wear PJs if the DH didn't make fun of me!! My Mom always stayed in her PJs unless she went out in her later years and the DH always makes the comment that is must be genetic - lol.

SO ... I usually wear a pair of jeans and a tee shirt - no bare feet for me as my ankle and foot bother me so I do the next best thing - I wear my Chacos !!
    Betty

A quilt will warm your body and comfort your soul.

http://notesfrommoosehaven.blogspot.com

My home attire is sweats and sweatshirt. I was suited and booted (love that phrase) for decades, and even my dress casual is more casual. Classes I wear jeans (when I can fit into them), and a nice top in the cooler weather, summer, I wear capris and a tee shirt, and flip flops.

That is totally me Especially the wearing jeans if I can fit into them!! Just tried on my jeans yesterday and thought about all those holiday goodies that have expanded my waistline Time to step away from the chocolate/ cookies/ bread and reaching for the salad...not easy to do when it is 30 degrees outside and all you want to do is eat comfort food!

Jeans, t shirts, and slippers.

My winter "uniform" is jeans, mock turtle and fleece pullover (I have them in a rainbow of colors and enjoy being covered in thread!). And my cozy flannel jammies which can stay on past noon and get put on after dinner!

I quilt in whatever I'm wearing at the time. I quilt when I can time and I rarely have a day when I can just relax and quilt. But I would preferably be comfortable wearing jeans, t-shirts, yoga pants, hoodies, pajamas, etc.

Banned
    Same thing I slept in. Lounge pants and t-shirt followed by hoodie and house shoes. It's whatever I'm in at the time except if I had to get all dolled up to go out for something. Then as soon as I get home it's sweat pants and t-shirt. lol

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast