Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How are you dressed? >

How are you dressed?

How are you dressed?

Old 01-19-2013, 06:27 AM

My home attire is sweats and sweatshirt. I was suited and booted (love that phrase) for decades, and even my dress casual is more casual. Classes I wear jeans (when I can fit into them), and a nice top in the cooler weather, summer, I wear capris and a tee shirt, and flip flops.

That is totally me Especially the wearing jeans if I can fit into them!! Just tried on my jeans yesterday and thought about all those holiday goodies that have expanded my waistline Time to step away from the chocolate/ cookies/ bread and reaching for the salad...not easy to do when it is 30 degrees outside and all you want to do is eat comfort food!
Old 01-19-2013, 07:19 AM
Power Poster

Jeans, t shirts, and slippers.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:43 AM

My winter "uniform" is jeans, mock turtle and fleece pullover (I have them in a rainbow of colors and enjoy being covered in thread!). And my cozy flannel jammies which can stay on past noon and get put on after dinner!
Old 01-19-2013, 07:53 AM

I quilt in whatever I'm wearing at the time. I quilt when I can time and I rarely have a day when I can just relax and quilt. But I would preferably be comfortable wearing jeans, t-shirts, yoga pants, hoodies, pajamas, etc.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:57 AM
Banned

Same thing I slept in. Lounge pants and t-shirt followed by hoodie and house shoes. It's whatever I'm in at the time except if I had to get all dolled up to go out for something. Then as soon as I get home it's sweat pants and t-shirt. lol
Old 01-19-2013, 09:31 AM

I ALWAYS dress like a slob around the house! Pajama/lounge pants, thick socks in the winter, and a comfy tee or sweatshirt. My husband does the same. We're comfy and cozy and (to me) that's what being home is all about! We both have to dress up for work every day so it's wonderful to relax and be comfortable when off the clock. Of course if we leave the house we put on regular clothes...we don't go out in public like this, we're not in college anymore, LOL. And I'll usually throw on some jeans to check the mail or do anything outside. But indoors...it's all about comfort!
Old 01-19-2013, 09:47 AM

In the summer it's capris and a tee. In the winter it's pajama bottoms and a tee. I only get dressed on days I have to leave the house and usually get back into "uniform" as soon as I hit the door. I've been retired since 2001 and would be hard pressed to come up with a dress these days.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:05 AM

Location: Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweeping down the plain.

At the moment, I am in a tee shirt with a sweatshirt over it, jeans, thick socks and boots. Been outside while it is nice and cleaning a little around my koi pond, water change and such. Later, I will spit polish up a little and run to the Goodwill store for my weekly haul for clothes to chop up for quilts. Later, I will likely be wearing fleece pants, sheatshirt, and my big old thick soft warm robe while I cut up clothes and dreaming about starting on my first quilt for the DH. Well, back outside I go for now. Happy quilting all.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:08 AM
Power Poster

Jammy bottoms, T-shirt, no bra - yes, I'm a sight. It gets interesting if the postman comes. Then I scramble into an oversized sweater and try to look regal. lol
Old 01-19-2013, 11:15 AM

Jeans, or casual pants with coordinating tops, or this time of year sweatshirts. I like the causal style at home. I always wear walking shoes, too many pins on the floor of my sewing room.LOL