Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   HQ sweet 16 --my review! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hq-sweet-16-my-review-t191708.html)

KarenR 06-15-2012 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by zig56gie (Post 5290734)
I have a long arm machine, and the frame can be raised or lowered so you can sit or stand. Just get a desk chair
with rollers on it, and you can keep moving along.

What kind of machine do you have?

pjnesler 06-15-2012 05:59 PM

Lots of great info - I'm happy for you - bet you'll have lots of fun with the Sweet 16. I always play with them at the quilt shows, just did yesterday! Also tried a Sunshine 16 that was really nice to run, never saw one of those before.

Dee 06-15-2012 08:16 PM

Congratulations on your new baby. Happy stitching.

AshleyR 06-16-2012 02:52 AM

I've narrowed my big purchase down to the Sunshine 16 or a Bailey. Unfortunately, the only thing I can test drive is the Sweet 16, and it *is* sweet!!! Every dealer I've found for the the Sunshine no longer sells it. Did the Sunshine compare to the Sweet?
The company is about 5 hours from me, it would be a do-able "road trip" to try one and purchase, but I'm trying to narrow it down further. Only have heard good things about Bailey! Haven't heard much about Sunshine at all. Do you recall the show-price of Sunshine?

Originally Posted by pjnesler (Post 5291915)
Lots of great info - I'm happy for you - bet you'll have lots of fun with the Sweet 16. I always play with them at the quilt shows, just did yesterday! Also tried a Sunshine 16 that was really nice to run, never saw one of those before.

Jim's Gem 06-16-2012 10:16 AM

Thanks for your review. This machine is a consideration for me and a couple of my friends. I really want something bigger and computerized but the $$ and the fact that I have shoulder and knee problems may make me go for a sit down model.

CanoePam 06-16-2012 11:14 AM

I have had my Sweet 16 for about a year and I still love it! I only want to quilt my own quilts, and it is so easy to use. I played with some long arms, but the space and cost led me to decide on a sit down. I have use all kinds of threads from a metallic to king tut to water soluble (for basting) and the machine loves them all. It isn't too hard to learn how to adjust either the top or bobbin tension. You just have to give yourself time to ge your FMQ rhythm down.

Pam

Debbie downunder 06-16-2012 06:05 PM

I have had my HQ16 for about 12 months now and I still love it. I have just bought the stitch regulator for the machine and am playing with it. Earlier this year I quilted a Super King quilt on the 16 for my son and the quilt came up quite good. The table supports the weight of the quilt and you can see what you are doing. I have been messing around with some trappunto using rayon thread and found bring the thread to the horizontal feed (at the front of the machine) and going through only two tension holes, the thread fed fine. It really is playing with the tension and placement for each thread but the machine is great fun.

lonestardreams 06-16-2012 06:41 PM

I love that machine. The dealer where I shop has it and I love to sit and play with it.

ejpkam 06-17-2012 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Debbie downunder (Post 5294524)
I have had my HQ16 for about 12 months now and I still love it. I have just bought the stitch regulator for the machine and am playing with it. Earlier this year I quilted a Super King quilt on the 16 for my son and the quilt came up quite good. The table supports the weight of the quilt and you can see what you are doing. I have been messing around with some trappunto using rayon thread and found bring the thread to the horizontal feed (at the front of the machine) and going through only two tension holes, the thread fed fine. It really is playing with the tension and placement for each thread but the machine is great fun.

I have been debating about the stitch regulator down the road in your opinion do you think it's worth the $?

sept97 07-09-2012 03:24 PM

I'd love one but my pocketbook is stopping me, lol