Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   HQ Sweet Sixteen (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hq-sweet-sixteen-t189177.html)

qwkslver 05-17-2012 07:30 AM

I got it and I LOVE this machine. It's kind of expensive I guess, but it depends on how bad you want it. It was worth it to me. I have no issues or problems with this machine and the people at sewingmachinesplus couldn't be nicer. If you can afford it, I would say go for it. I think it's great.

omaluvs2quilt 05-17-2012 08:48 AM

Shop around...gently used or floor models become available for a lot less. I paid $3900 for mine with table & delivery/set-up at my house, bobbin winder, free 1 year service, 12 cones of quilting thread & a pack of needles. I love the machine!

wantanaquilt 05-17-2012 10:40 AM

Tks. for all your ideas and suggestions. Kathyj would take about 4 yrs. I am in my early 70's now and lot older in 4 yrs. have to think and do more research on Internet for other places that might sell for less. Tk. u

kapatt 05-17-2012 02:12 PM

:-)
I've seen a few good deals on Craigslist. You might want to check them out. I've heard that the HQ 16 is a good machine but I haven't had a chance to try one out.

azwendyg 05-17-2012 02:25 PM

I got an HQ Sixteen a last fall from a Craigslist ad. It is a slightly older model, and didn't come with the sitdown table, but it did come complete with handles and wheels so it can be mounted on a quilting frame if I so desire. I paid $1550 and was skipping happily all the way home! I just couldn't see my way clear to buy a new one, but at this price, I couldn't pass it up. I've done a couple of queen size quilts on it and that extra harp space is INCREDIBLE!

sherryellen 05-18-2012 03:19 AM

I have a sweet sixteen and love it. I waited till our daughter was out of college and it was my graduation present to me. It was worth the wait. I am still practicing with it but have done several quilts including a queen size one. Good luck.

Sherry

jeank 05-18-2012 03:21 AM

You could sit around and dream for three years and be no better than you are now, or you could start your own kitty for it. Set aside that 100.00 each month faithfully and in three years, pay cash. I would not recommend going into debt for it.

sherryl1 05-18-2012 04:27 AM

Does this machine have a large capacity bobbin?Just askin.I have a friend who has an apqs,and it has the bobbin size of a domestic machine.She buys pre-wound bobbins and uses bottom line thread so she isn't constantly winding and changing bobbins.I have a gammill,large bobbin.What was someone thinking putting a small bobbin on a professional machine.Is the dealer close enough to take it to?I can have mine to the dealership in 1 hour 15 min..If I need to.These things don't seem important,but think about both.

KarenR 05-18-2012 04:35 AM

I have looked and dreamed about the HQ 16, I'm saving for it.

Latrinka 05-18-2012 04:49 AM

I think I would just try to save the money, and this would give you more time to research, and possibly come across a great deal.