Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hubby got "needled"! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hubby-got-%22needled%22-t31750.html)

Honey 12-17-2009 09:21 AM

My family always wear shoes or slippers when they come into my sewing room. They have all been poked! The funny part is, I always go barefoot and have never been poked. I probably shouldn't have said anything because now I will probably get one stuck to the bone!!!

bstanbro 12-17-2009 09:35 AM

When I was a little girl, my mother made all of my dresses. There was one that always hurt when I crossed my legs. I was in the 3rd grade and thought I was imagining it. Finally, I checked, and sure enough, there was a pin sewn into the hem.

penski 12-17-2009 09:42 AM

awe poor guy !!! you should be sure to get him something special for christmas for all the effort he is putting in making you happy !! lol i should talk i have heard my hubby has been at the local fabric stores shopping also !

reneebobby 12-17-2009 10:18 AM

lmbo To funny and great that he goes into the quilt stores and all, mine does and he has a ball. I just think he likes talking to all the ladies.

LucyInTheSky 12-17-2009 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by dsj
I want to come up with a glow in the dark needle, just think how many we would find

I'll buy some! Glow in the dark pins as well

kathy 12-17-2009 11:20 AM

OMG, that poor man! When my husband was a kid he was running in the house which of course wasn't allowed and his mother grabbed a dress belt of hers that she was repairing and swatted at him, he still has the needle embedded in his arm! They didn't even realize it untill she went back to work on it and couldn't find her needle. The doctor said it would hurt more to dig it out than to leave it in so they left it. So when he makes wise cracks about me sewing I just ask if he wants another needle in his arm. LOL

nursie76 12-17-2009 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by penski
awe poor guy !!! you should be sure to get him something special for christmas for all the effort he is putting in making you happy !! lol i should talk i have heard my hubby has been at the local fabric stores shopping also !

Actually I am making him a quilt to cuddle under while watching old movies (something he loves to do). It is only the second quilt I have completed (or almost) and I am a novice at FMQ and doing anything more than a straight line, so it isn't my best work, but I have learned a lot while doing it and I know he understands the work that goes into such a project and will forgive my novice attempts.

We will have to compare notes on what our hubby's forays into the local fabric shops garnered for us! :thumbup:

thismomquilts 12-17-2009 12:37 PM

Too funny. My husband leaned back on a being-quilted quilt once - he was NOT a happy camper... :(

mamajan 12-17-2009 02:40 PM

My hubby always seems to find either my needles or pins, usually with his feet! As long as I do my sewing in one corner of the living room we are both pretty safe. He is such a dear tho, he will go to the stores with me and even find some really nice material, then tell me to buy yards instead of smaller pieces!! Can't live without him, going on 40 yrs.

Oklahoma Suzie 12-17-2009 02:47 PM

Wow, that could be painfull