Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hurricane! Keep your stash dry! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hurricane-keep-your-stash-dry-t62613.html)

loopywren 09-02-2010 12:58 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with those of you who may be in the line of the hurricane.

Pat and pups 09-02-2010 06:00 AM

As much as I hope there's not a landfall, I'm also glad the 'canes have skipped us so far. I'm in Daytona. The safest thing you can do is RUN.

grandme26 09-02-2010 08:37 AM

Hope all are safe and sound.

tlrnhi 09-02-2010 08:39 AM

So far, all is quiet here in Va Bch, but Earl is still a ways away. I know they evacuated the Outer Banks and some other areas. Hubby is saying we need to leave. I told him when the neighbors pack up to leave, that's when we will go. Apparently ALL the highways are conjested with traffic. The ONLY way out for us is thru a tunnel (under water). I ain't going! Not happening! I hate those tunnels!

sjhughson 09-02-2010 09:01 AM

DD didn't even pull her boat from the water. She is on the bay here in Toms River. The predictions for us are ~45mph wind gusts. Fast moving won't be here long. Weekend looking great with a cool front following earl. Stay safe in LI and Martha's vineyard.

Tink's Mom 09-02-2010 09:47 AM

I was just talking with MimiSharon---She is fine...all preparations complete...Wind is picking up, and when we were going to hang up, the rain had started. She says it is all in God's hands....Susie

Marye 09-02-2010 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Patty Sue
Check out Flylady's suggestions. They are very sensible and we should print them out and follow them.

FlyLady.net: Points to Preparedness for Evacuation
Please, walk through FlyLady's 11 Points to Preparedness for Evacuation. Touch each item you would want to bring. Are your important papers, photos, ...
www.flylady.net/pages/FLYingLessons_Prepared.asp - Similar

You just can't beat FLyLady she is good!

clem55 09-02-2010 10:44 AM

Hope everyone is safe, God watch over you!!

GrammaNan 09-02-2010 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Patty Sue
Check out Flylady's suggestions. They are very sensible and we should print them out and follow them.

FlyLady.net: Points to Preparedness for Evacuation
Please, walk through FlyLady's 11 Points to Preparedness for Evacuation. Touch each item you would want to bring. Are your important papers, photos, ...
www.flylady.net/pages/FLYingLessons_Prepared.asp - Similar

I only recently found Flylady.net and I love it. I urge everyone to check it out.

katier825 09-02-2010 12:14 PM

I'm glad you brought up this topic! I didn't really get back into quilting until after Hurricane's Francis & Jeanne (moved to FL in 2004, a few weeks prior). Now that I have a considerable stash and my babies to protect (Featherweight and Viking Sapphire), I need to have a plan. Luckily, most of my fabric is in bins. I think I may need to get more and store the empty bins stacked to take up less space, but can fill them in a hurry with my current projects.