Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Husband punishment (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/husband-punishment-t201111.html)

Chasing Hawk 09-21-2012 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Prissnboot (Post 5530632)

After composing myself, I informed him that ordinarily, remarks like that would land him back in the car to wait for me,

One day, he may go back to the car, and go home. Better keep taxi fare handy............LOL

Chasing Hawk 09-21-2012 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by gigi712 (Post 5530768)
That's hilarious! Mine says he doesn't mind going with me, but I always feel hurried when he's along, so most times I go alone. Get to touch and feel more fabric that way. :)

My husband brings a book to read.

DebraK 09-21-2012 09:49 AM

lol, that works too ;-)

GrandmaNewt 09-21-2012 10:01 AM

I love when my husband goes to the fabric store with me. He helps me match fabrics, he gets the number and waits by the cutting table while I am still shopping, and best of all, he's always asking me if I need anything else...I always end up buying more than was on my list.

mic-pa 09-21-2012 10:02 AM

When I come out of the fabric store with a pkg. my DH always says "Is that all you bought."? He is an enabler, gotta love -em

Hylarie 09-21-2012 10:49 AM

I don't bother bringing my DH. I know he doesn't really enjoy the experience. Mainly based on the fact that when there is a big sale at Joann's the people in my area get a bit rude. No excuse me's, or anything; lots of getting pushed out of the way etc. (one of the many reasons I keep trying out smaller LQS to find one that works)
So I figure I'm going to have more fun without him complaining anyway. So he tells me to have fun, I have my money limit, and I go have a blast!

ube quilting 09-21-2012 10:58 AM

Who says quilting isn't a shared experience with the spouse!

Neesie 09-21-2012 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk (Post 5530713)
I don't feel the need to "dole out" punishment to my husband. It's not right nor is it fair.

I guess I am old fashioned and don't understand this "new age" marriage thing about hiding purchases and punishing one's spouse for something. :)

I don't understand it, either. If I want to buy something, I buy it. Period. I have enough sense, to know whether or not we can afford it. As for telling DH what he "has" to do, forget it. We're both adults and expect to be treated as such, by each other.

That said, I'm assuming the "punishment" and "hiding" comments are made in jest! :)

MattieMae 09-21-2012 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Prissnboot (Post 5530632)
Mr. Smartypants replies, "Oh REALLY, I thought you just bought them for the articles!" .........

This takes me back to the old days when the "bought them for the articles" excuse was given by geezers who bought PlayBoy magazines. :D

Chasing Hawk 09-21-2012 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 5530926)
I don't understand it, either. If I want to buy something, I buy it. Period. I have enough sense, to know whether or not we can afford it. As for telling DH what he "has" to do, forget it. We're both adults and expect to be treated as such, by each other.

That said, I'm assuming the "punishment" and "hiding" comments are made in jest! :)

Yes, Neesie they were. :)