Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Husbands (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/husbands-t136844.html)

Tinabodina 07-12-2011 03:41 AM

When my DH starts with those silly statements, I just ask him how many tools he has and why would he want more????

jitkaau 07-12-2011 03:52 AM

People who sit their machines in cupboards for 99% of the time don't understand either...

kwheeler 07-12-2011 03:54 AM

Oh! I do hope it is a FW. My family got me a FW for my birthday and I was overwhelmed. They also got me a treadle machine which I just love to use. It quilts so nice. I hope so much that the machine will be a FW. God bless you.

sewtruterry 07-12-2011 03:59 AM

A while back I had the opportunity to add to my"collection" with another treadle that someone was going to give me, I asked my husband if he thought we had enough room for it and he said and I quote "do you want the real answer or the husband answer?" I said both. The first thing he said was "we would be crazy not to take it." (that was the real answer) and then he said "Anything you want dear" (that was the husband answer). That machine made number 11 for me including another treadle, a featherweight, one from the 50's in a cabinet, a mid arm with 10' frame,2 sergers, 2 embroidery machines, the first machine I ever bought that is now a boat anchor as it was caught in a flood and does not work, and the first new machine I ever bought when the boat anchor could no longer do its job. And yes technically they all work or have a job including the boat anchor, when not a boat anchor it is a door stop, or paper weight, or fabric weight, whatever job it needs to do at the time.

Selena 07-12-2011 04:31 AM

I told my husband that when I set up shop I have to have more than one machine set up and started explaining the use of each one. He stared at me like I was speaking in another language. I already own the machines and he keeps asking how many I have and why but he still doesn't get it. He really doesn't know how many I own.

brushandthimble 07-12-2011 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by Jim
just gonna pass on by..not gonna add my comments

chicken? cluk cluk

brushandthimble 07-12-2011 04:42 AM

I use 4 machines, the last one I bought (for me) was my FW earlier this year, and Sunday bought a FW for DH.

Roberta 07-12-2011 04:50 AM

My DH has become addicted to trying to find Featherweights at antique stores and yard sales. He's now worse then I am.

grumpy90650 07-12-2011 04:51 AM

my hubby is the greatest...at the moment i am 'reorganizing' my stash, and i have piles everywhere in the house, mainly in the living room, and he just walks around the piles and smiles...and asks 'when will my quilt be done"!!!! he is so cute

galynn 07-12-2011 05:10 AM

LOL, isn't that the way it is when someone does not have the same passion. I have 2 machines and an 18 inch longarm with 14 foot bed. My DH does understand my passion and built a studio for me to work in. Then again I never say anything about all his new guns (several a year), or any of his wood shop equipment. I have my eye on an embroidery machine, maybe someday. Even if that machine is not a feather weight, get it, those old singers are great to have and to look at.