Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Husgavarna Sewing Machines (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/husgavarna-sewing-machines-t126130.html)

wytetygeress 05-27-2011 05:42 PM

i have a designer SE LE...LOVE it...it was one of the last one's made in Sweden. If you decided to buy one though i would highly suggest you go to an LQS dealer. You will get a much better deal ( the guys in Joanns can't wheel and deal) and much better customer service. I paid 3600 for my floor model that had only 21 hours on it (that's nothing for these machines) I got all the gooddies, plus...one on one training until i learned how to use the machine, she threw in 3 extra feet, bobbins, needles, ect. plus has "fixed" the BTM&C errors ( between the machine and chair). I love my machine. I wont be getting rid of it until it sews its last stitch.

Shelbie 05-27-2011 06:01 PM

I had a lovely Husqvarna Prelude 350 with the acrylic table and walking foot in a great carrying case to use for classes. It's a great machine and has a better stitch and tension than my Janome 6500. It's also the machine that DD has "borrowed" to stitch dog stuff. She loves it and no longer wants a new machine. Now I'm taking my Featherweight to classes!

CruisingStef 05-28-2011 02:45 AM

I believe that Husqavarna Sewing Machines are the best! I've had my Viking for two years now; I also have a Brother LX-3125 for my basic sewing, I wouldn't give anything for my Husqavarna. It withstands all problems Ive ever had and my LQS can usually fix any problems I may have. (which is rare).
Stephanie

shawnemily 05-28-2011 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by sandraa
I have a Lily 550 that is about 11 years old and I love it. It sews so smooth and never had any problems.

Ditto

Lindsey 05-28-2011 03:33 AM

I have a designer1 and I also have the SE i love them both. I too would love having the diamond .. In my next life perhaps.

jeank 05-28-2011 03:51 AM

I have 3 Vikings and I love the way they sew. The only downside to Viking was stated earlier in this topic---parts.

It takes a long time for the dealer to get the needed parts. Both myself and my friend were involved in about a 9 month wait. I had another machine to sew on, she went into the shop and used one there.

Jean

grann of 6 05-28-2011 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by goosepoint
I checked out our new Joanns today and they had about 15 Husky's on display (floor models) and they were on sale. The lady said during the Memorial sale they were another 10% off. They are really beautiful machines but I did not know how the quality was. We have the lawn mowers, chain saws and weedeaters and they are great. How are the machines?

I have all Vikings that I regularly use. From the Diamond, Topaz 30, SE, D1, and a Viva no longer made. And I just got their 18/8 Mega quilter. Love them all and would never have anything else. The old addage applies here, you get what you pay for.

Eliebelle 05-28-2011 03:57 AM

I have an Emerald 203 because all I do is sew - no embroidery - and a Huskylock serger. I would not trade either of them for anything!!! Every single time I've I've had a problem with one of them it has turned out to be "user error". Hmmmm........

grann of 6 05-28-2011 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by wytetygeress
i have a designer SE LE...LOVE it...it was one of the last one's made in Sweden. If you decided to buy one though i would highly suggest you go to an LQS dealer. You will get a much better deal ( the guys in Joanns can't wheel and deal) and much better customer service. I paid 3600 for my floor model that had only 21 hours on it (that's nothing for these machines) I got all the gooddies, plus...one on one training until i learned how to use the machine, she threw in 3 extra feet, bobbins, needles, ect. plus has "fixed" the BTM&C errors ( between the machine and chair). I love my machine. I wont be getting rid of it until it sews its last stitch.

Not true. My dealer is in Joann's. They just rent the space, have nothing to do with Joann's. The deals are set by Husqvarna Viking. I have been dealing with this particular dealer for well over 10 years, have never had a problem with parts availability or repair. And I have never had to pay for a repair yet, all have been while machines were under warranty. Never had a problem with any of them after warranty was up.

barbarashea 05-28-2011 04:06 AM

I have a Designer I for the past 7 years. The machine sews beautifully, however, I have had nothing but problems with the touch screen. It has been replaced 3 times and now it is acting up again, when I touch something nothing happens, total frustration.