Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Husgavarna Sewing Machines (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/husgavarna-sewing-machines-t126130.html)

ghostrider 05-28-2011 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Drw52372
Do you know when they bought them out? I have a Husgavarna Designer Topaz 30 which I bought new a year ago.

February 2006

Gilla 05-28-2011 05:35 AM

I have owned and used a Viking since 1965 and had to replace two original ones as I wore them out. I also have two Singers, a 401A and a XL, but the Viking comes first when I need to do someting in a hurry.

QKO 05-28-2011 05:39 AM

We have 4 Vikings in the house -- an older #1, a Husky serger, a Designer 1, and a Mega-quilter. All of them have given great service with never a problem after many years of hard use. Just get regular annual maintenance on them and follow the instructions for cleaning and oiling and they'll last pretty much forever. My mom has also used nothing but Vikings for well over 50 years without a bit of problems. They're among the best machines made.

Drw52372 05-28-2011 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by ghostrider

Originally Posted by Drw52372
Do you know when they bought them out? I have a Husgavarna Designer Topaz 30 which I bought new a year ago.

February 2006

Thank you!!

Donna Mae 05-28-2011 06:21 AM

I've had my huskystar for 9 years. I love it.
I bought it because their parts are metal not plastic. It has proved itself over and over again.
I have not had one bit of trouble with it.

Have a safe and grateful Memorial Day weekend.
simple quilter

bearrynice 05-28-2011 06:29 AM

I have TWO Designer 1 emb. machines, and wouldn't part with them, even if I upgrade to the Diamond.

You are referring to Husky, I think those are the sergers, could be wrong, but love my "Vikings", and wouldn't even dream of another brand. However those new Babylock's really look nice too! Depends on what you plan on sewing with them.
I would be leary of a "floor model". They are given some rough treatment, and I have seen children poking and pulling on them, out of "time" and you have a problem right from the beginning. Go to a good dealer, so they will back it up, if something goes wrong.

trolleystation 05-28-2011 06:53 AM

I remember long ago (lol) when I was growing up. Vikings were all that were used in Home Economics class. I have one now and I really like it, although, as was stated in another post, the accessories are expensive.

alpha39 05-28-2011 06:53 AM

I have an 11 yr old Rose. I love it! It has the embroidery hoop, but I haven't ever used it. Need to get some instruction. I bought mine as a 1 yr old trade-in from a dealer & have never been sorry. Never had it in the shop. I wouldn't be afraid to purchase another one at all!

mighty 05-28-2011 07:10 AM

I have serger, plus 1, designer 1, diamond. mega quilter, and mega quilter 18X8 I love them all.

arimuse 05-28-2011 07:13 AM

I had my only machine - a viking husky for 40 yrs and only had to have it tuned up 3X. Which, you ppby should do at least once a yr, a check up, anyway - I just dont. I gave it away to a lady who wanted to learn to sew, and bought myself an Xmas present 2 yrs ago, a janome that also embroyders, and am so afraid Ill break it (too expensive!) I hardly use it. so much so I have to read up on how to thread it/ use it every time I pull it out.
I used the viking for everything! sharet