Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Husqvarna Viking & Pfaff machines (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/husqvarna-viking-pfaff-machines-t65966.html)

MadQuilter 09-24-2010 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by stillwaters
I would not get a machine without the built in walking foot - or "dual feed".

This post made me chuckle. When I bought my Pfaff 2058 and realized that we were not meant to be a happy quilting couple, I started to shop around for another model. My two FIRM expectations were: Must have built-in walking foot and must have front-load bobbin. Guess what: I chose the Babylock Espire which has no walking foot and has a drop-in bobbin. I lovelovelove my machine. Quilla and I are made for each other. So I totally agree with you. Pick the one that speaks to you. Life is too short to get frustrated with our hobby.

bunnyb101 09-24-2010 06:12 PM

I to find the Pfaff machines are a big disappointment. I have the Creative Vison 5.0. Everything has gone wrong with them. As I am on the 2nd one. The are not the German made machines as I was told when I bought my first one. China, Japan and the Chek Republic are now making them. 9000.00 + is alot of money for junk. I wish the dealer would give me another brand of machine.

sewinglady104 09-25-2010 05:00 AM

I understand what you are going thru.

SheilaS 09-25-2010 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by stillwaters

Originally Posted by AliKat
I love my Pfaff's. I ended up with a Creative Vision for embroidery and such. I take my older Pfaff to classes and quilting get togethers.
I have a dear friend who will service my older Pfaff ... but the CV needs a special grounding pad [or some such] and she doesn't do those. Though I have had no problem with the CV.
The dual feed is what has kept me quilting due to arthritis in my hands.

So ... get the machine you bond with the best ... and enjoy.

ali

This is exactly my position! I have a Pfaff 1471, which I LOVE and a new Creative Vision for embroidery, and the bigger throat space. I would not get a machine without the built in walking foot - or "dual feed". I've seen many struggling to attach a walking foot on other machines before they can begin to sew. I also agree with Ali, though... Get the one that "talks" to you! And enjoy!

Thanks for your comments. I finally made my decision yesterday and ordered my new machine. I've posted the details as a new thread "Husqvarna vs Pfaff machines - follow up" . I wasn't sure how long a thread remained current, and thought it was better to use that method to thank everyone for their contributions. Hint - you'll agree with my choice.

baglady65 02-28-2011 10:10 AM

What could you sell a 7570 for?? I have lots of extras too!

vschieve 02-28-2011 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by bunnyb101
I to find the Pfaff machines are a big disappointment. I have the Creative Vison 5.0. Everything has gone wrong with them. As I am on the 2nd one. The are not the German made machines as I was told when I bought my first one. China, Japan and the Chek Republic are now making them. 9000.00 + is alot of money for junk. I wish the dealer would give me another brand of machine.

They are still German engineered as the Viking has their own Swedish engineers but are made in the same factory in Sweden. Yes the Pfaff 5.0 CV had issues; it was a commonly known thing and the Pfaff 5.5 CV has resolved and taken care of them all. I read somewhere that buying a 5.5 is even better than the upgrade to 5.5 from a 5.0 but that even helps. Got that first hand from a sewing teacher at local Pfaff dealer.

purplefiend 02-28-2011 11:14 AM

I love my German Pfaffs, I have the 1222E(mechanical) and 2040(computerized). I bought both of them used and they are wonderful machines. The other machines are jealous of them. :lol:

michelehuston 02-28-2011 12:45 PM

I have three Vikings and will never purchase another brand. I have never had a problem, absolutely LOVE them! :D

baglady65 02-28-2011 01:05 PM

I love my Berninas and even more so the 830 I'm using now with the dual feed and the wonderful embroidery it does!Also a 200 upgraded to 730.
I do ahve 2 older Pfaffs that I will probably never use again, some day will pass them on............

purplefiend 02-28-2011 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by baglady65
I love my Berninas and even more so the 830 I'm using now with the dual feed and the wonderful embroidery it does!Also a 200 upgraded to 730.
I do ahve 2 older Pfaffs that I will probably never use again, some day will pass them on............

just out of curiosity....Which Pfaffs do you have?
Sharon W.